Closed Thread
Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 936
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    290
    Reviews
    0
    @ScubaGal thanks you're so sweet the thought of doing it gives me butterflies...the goal is to hold out until Saturday, which will be 12dp3dt or day 31 of my cycle. Tomorrow is day 28 so if AF doesn't come that could be a good sign...but I do know that the progesterone can hold off AF too, ggrrrrr. So many variables!! Scary scary scary. I need something to consume my brain - I have some training today so hopefully that'll absorb me for today how are you doing lovely? You seem a lot brighter and more positive now?


    2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    3,267
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked
    1,916
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    @ScubaGal thanks you're so sweet the thought of doing it gives me butterflies...the goal is to hold out until Saturday, which will be 12dp3dt or day 31 of my cycle. Tomorrow is day 28 so if AF doesn't come that could be a good sign...but I do know that the progesterone can hold off AF too, ggrrrrr. So many variables!! Scary scary scary. I need something to consume my brain - I have some training today so hopefully that'll absorb me for today how are you doing lovely? You seem a lot brighter and more positive now?
    You're welcome. I consider you my endo buddy. definitely brain consuming activities are a good idea - I think for my next TWW I'm going to re-read all my Wendy Holden ebooks. Such fun fluffy novels... Takes me a few hours to read each one and I think I've got enough to get me through 6 or 7 evenings. That plus watching the West Wing...

    I think holding out as long as possible to POAS is really smart - this time around I won't POAS and I'm considering asking for a later BT since there's nothing they can do to prevent an early miscarriage I'd just rather not get my hopes up too early.

    I'm doing a bit better thanks. Still having bad days and bad hours, bit of anger and depression kind of lurking in the background but my grand plan to go to a full stim if the FET doesn't work and leave the other two frosties on ice is giving me a sense of some level of control. I just really hope it's not another miscarriage this time or something like an ectopic. That would be pretty cruel.

    I've lived with a long history of depression and an anxiety disorder and had periods of being suicidal when I was younger so, ironically, I've actually got a really high level of resilience and some top notch coping skills. Sort of mentally ideally prepared for the IVF rollercoaster.

    I do feel a bit sad in a way because i was so on board the positivity and well being train last cycle and for the first time in a long time I felt really happy and happy about being happy, even if only for a week or so from the first positive to when we found out it wouldn't last. I don't know honestly if I can feel that again which would be sad.

    But on the other hand it's true what they say about IVF, I'm so much closer to my husband these last few months and weeks especially. We are a different husband and wife because of it and it really seems like if we can survive this we can handle anything.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    290
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    You're welcome. I consider you my endo buddy. definitely brain consuming activities are a good idea - I think for my next TWW I'm going to re-read all my Wendy Holden ebooks. Such fun fluffy novels... Takes me a few hours to read each one and I think I've got enough to get me through 6 or 7 evenings. That plus watching the West Wing...

    I think holding out as long as possible to POAS is really smart - this time around I won't POAS and I'm considering asking for a later BT since there's nothing they can do to prevent an early miscarriage I'd just rather not get my hopes up too early.

    I'm doing a bit better thanks. Still having bad days and bad hours, bit of anger and depression kind of lurking in the background but my grand plan to go to a full stim if the FET doesn't work and leave the other two frosties on ice is giving me a sense of some level of control. I just really hope it's not another miscarriage this time or something like an ectopic. That would be pretty cruel.

    I've lived with a long history of depression and an anxiety disorder and had periods of being suicidal when I was younger so, ironically, I've actually got a really high level of resilience and some top notch coping skills. Sort of mentally ideally prepared for the IVF rollercoaster.

    I do feel a bit sad in a way because i was so on board the positivity and well being train last cycle and for the first time in a long time I felt really happy and happy about being happy, even if only for a week or so from the first positive to when we found out it wouldn't last. I don't know honestly if I can feel that again which would be sad.

    But on the other hand it's true what they say about IVF, I'm so much closer to my husband these last few months and weeks especially. We are a different husband and wife because of it and it really seems like if we can survive this we can handle anything.
    Wow I identity so much with you. I too in my younger years struggled with similar things due to things that happened in the past. I do have to say without those experiences I wouldn't be who I am today so Im grateful as to how strong it has all made me. All good now and I don't have any inclination at all to deal with things in an unhealthy way. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk or vent! I do like your plan if the next FET is unsuccessful. Very smart thinking I don't know if we'll able to afford another full cycle straightaway if things don't work out with our last frostie after the one I have on board so we'll just have to wait and see I guess!


    2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

    ScubaGal  (19-08-2014)

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    @lilypily where are you up to? Have you got a cycle coming up?
    Yes transfer in 2 weeks. No doubt you will see photos

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

    ScubaGal  (19-08-2014)

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    3,267
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked
    1,916
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Yes transfer in 2 weeks. No doubt you will see photos
    Excellent.

    AFM - I just got the call from the nurse, repeat BT and ultrasound tomorrow and expecting 5 day transfer around tuesday-ish next week.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay bring on transfer. We will be close together

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    290
    Reviews
    0
    Great to hear @ScubaGal


    2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    290
    Reviews
    0
    It's all downhill from here... I just bought some pregnancy tests...testing my will to try and wait til Saturday.


    2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    3,267
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked
    1,916
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    It's all downhill from here... I just bought some pregnancy tests...testing my will to try and wait til Saturday.


    2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    Hahaha you scared me for a minute there when I read the first line but now realising you mean downhill on the slippery slope of peeing on things.

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    857
    Thanks
    922
    Thanked
    850
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck to you both for your transfers that are coming up Sucba and Lilypily.

    lots of baby dust to you both

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

    ScubaGal  (20-08-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. POAS addicts not-so anonymous thread
    By A-Squared in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 06:53
  2. POAS - post your photos!
    By akakura in forum IVF
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 21:51
  3. Happy photo thread!!
    By melimum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-03-2014, 11:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!