Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Addict
    Just trying to use them up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I could but too scared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I wish I could but too scared
    I have to do it as I have no symptoms yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely still pregnant:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1414293532.396858.jpg

But no symptoms makes me nervous even tho previous pregnancy i didn't get ms until 6wks... I know better than to wish I had symptoms 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hear you same same

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

akakura  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, I'm have been doing OI (not Ivf), I hope it's ok to post on here!) and I was wondering if you knew how long the pregnyl booster shot of 1000u lasts. Hanging out to test. I last did a booster shot on Saturday. So I was thinking 7 days. Only thing is I want to know sooner as we are going away and want to know it AF is going to arrive.

DD born Dec 2012
    Miscarriage June 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post
    Hi guys, I'm have been doing OI (not Ivf), I hope it's ok to post on here!) and I was wondering if you knew how long the pregnyl booster shot of 1000u lasts. Hanging out to test. I last did a booster shot on Saturday. So I was thinking 7 days. Only thing is I want to know sooner as we are going away and want to know it AF is going to arrive.

DD born Dec 2012
    Miscarriage June 2014
    Hmm you really need @akakura 's advice on when Pregnyl leaves your system, she's a bit of a mad scientist with calculating that one. One option is just to test daily with FMU and watch the line either stay strong or fade and hopefully reappear. Have you tested yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @scubagirl I haven't tested yet, I might go do one now and then do it daily like you suggest. I just don't want to get our hopes up since this is our first month trying since mc in June.

DD born Dec 2012
    Miscarriage June 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

DD born Dec 2012
    Miscarriage June 2014
    For what its worth though, I just did a quick google and the half life of Pregnyl is apparently 32 hours. If you've had 4 days (x24hrs) since your pregnyl then its been around 96 hours. 96/32 = 3, which means its halved three times. You'd need it to halve roughly the same amount again, maybe a little bit more to get nice and low enough for a true negative, something like 8. (First Response Early Result can detect as little as 6.5 HCG).

Saturday 1000
    Today 125 estimated level today (would still show very positive)
    Saturday Sunday sometime
    Monday-ish 8

However, this thread is full of mad POAS addicts. So if you were like many of us - (specifically if you were me and had no control over POAS) I'd think in two days if you got a super strong line it might be a good sign. That said you'll drive yourself absolutely bonkers staring at the line because it won't be certain.

Soooo.....its up to you. Test Friday if you can hold out that long, post the photo on here and our panel of pseudo-experts will try and help you with the craziness and the analysis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @scubagirl I haven't tested yet, I might go do one now and then do it daily like you suggest. I just don't want to get our hopes up since this is our first month trying since mc in June.

DD born Dec 2012
    Miscarriage June 2014
    Okie dokie, you'll probably get a decent positive today because your HCG is still over 100 but if you need to do it to get it out of your (mental) system then go for it!

From here on though, try to be consistent about the test you use and time of day - it makes it less hard to compare sticks.