Closed Thread
Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooo , I guess I better add in my AFM- My Oestrogen has been a bit too high so I've been going crazy with my water and protein intake to try and ward off OHSS as I am a little more susceptible with my PCOS. I've had a few scans and bloods this week and my FSH has been reduced from 225ui down to 187.5ui. I'm waiting on today's bloods but my scan this morning showed around 15 dominant follies on my left ovary and about 10 on the other ranging from about 15mm to 17mm. I was originally supposed to go in for EPU today but my FS said that Sunday would be perfect for my eggs but, there's no EPU on Sundays at my clinic so, Monday it is ! Sure hope the delay doesn't compromise my egg quality as that's the whole reason we 're giving IVF a red hot go. I've had a coupe of really sick days with migraines and vomiting but as I'm being diligent with keeping up with my full dose of Metformin, I think this is probably what I'm feeling Starting to get pretty darn bloated today!....and very over my protein drinks , I should've got different flavours. What does everyone eat/drink to up their protein? Eggs, nuts and chicken? I don't really eat red meat.

Just got the call from my FN...my Oest today was 10,922 which I think is what they expected so I trigger tomorrow night at 6pm on the dot. I'm first into theatre on Monday (yay for that as I'm going to be dying for a drink of water! .
    Last edited by Ladydee; 26-09-2014 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Ladydee whoa, sounds like you are going to pop! Good luck for monday!

AFM Got the phone call and we're down to 3 embryos. Usually I have around 9 at this stage and THAT is usually when they all start dropping like flies, so I'm not very confident right now about any lasting to day 5. This has been a terrible cycle so far, the day 3 update on sunday should be interesting. Bah. Bah!

Good luck everybody

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee yes I'll have to do 5/6 day transfer as I also need pgd because my hubby has cystic fibrosis and I'm a carrier so unfortunately of the small numbers we get we lose half after the testing. But I only need one and my dd's round is testament to that. Good luck for your pick up sounds like your well and truly bursting at the seams

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissBell For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the cross threading!

For those who requested updates! Went to the public hospital today as had one sided pain and still no bleeding. After a few investigations and finally a scan, I have a pregnancy of unknown location. Too small to be definitely anywhere and still also not viable. So basically have to wait for another week so they can hopefully locate a sac to determine location. This means I can't have any meds to move things along as they are different if its ectopic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I add berries to my protein shakes, taste a little better and apparently they are fine in omelettes as well (plain flavour of course but chocolate omelettes sound ok!) how about pancakes? Good luck for EPU!!
    @Excited1 I am so sorry to hear your news xx
    @MissBell Good luck for Monday as well. Take it easy this weekend xx

Oh @Bongley *hugs* you are faring much better than I am. I am down to 1 and not feeling hopeful *at all* I know positive thinking and all that but I am also a realist. Back to the drawing board. Problem is this has happened 2 x now that I did not get to transfer which is a huge concern if I ever want to get pregnant!! Unsure what else I could have done

I was hoping for a better fertilisation as we paid extra for ICSI and HA this cycle even though there are no male fertility factors.

Anyone care to share some excess eggies? I'm baffled by how many some women get, surely you are set to not have to do a stim cycle for months after such a huge haul. Sadly for me I think ALL my cycles will be stim, I would not mind so much if I have something to transfer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Excited1 oh how awful, as if a loss isn't bad enough without all the uncertainty. I hope they can locate the sac and that it isn't near anywhere that could cause problems.
    @straycat Oh I am so sorry you are down to 1. Yes, all my cycles have been stims but 1 manages to get to day 5 at least (so far), I really feel for you. Where do you live? There is a chap that seems to be very good for low responders, Wazza in QLD. Maybe one of the other ladies can fill you in, I think there is a thread dedicated to him.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Excited1  (26-09-2014),straycat  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone sorry I'm on my ph so not tracking the thread so well,
    I'm in my hotel after EPU, had 4 eggs mature enough kg try to fertilize today.

They were not sure it was going to be sort going ahead as there were 3 follies that had responded but we will see how they do tomorrow.

Please can anyone help with good energy towards the ones growing.

Feeling a bit down with the traveling and being alone on this one but I'll go back down to Byron tomorrow and spend some time on the beach - do yoga.

I just want a little bit of hope, sure a lot of you are in the same boat.

Lots of hugs out to you all and hope tomorrow is a good day xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat I tried the bone broth this time not too many doses though, apparently it does help but like all those things it's a consistent every day thing.
    Yes, you have to cook for 48 hours, roasting in an apple vinegar first.
    Will post the receipe I have when I'm back on computer and not phone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amie999 For This Useful Post:

straycat  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat - I'm definitely no doctor or even a nurse but after several years of researching PCOS.....I have a lil theory.....could very well be completely wrong! I'll try and keep it short....but I'm sure I'll fail, sorry!

As I'm sure we all know here, follicles aren't mature enough to ovulate until they are over 16/17mm but preferably around the 20mm mark right? Follicles grow approximately 2mm/day in your average healthy, fertile lady and usually have a little growth surge just before you ovulate from approx 11/12mm up to 16/17 mm or more.

When someone (like me) has PCOS, every month they start growing one or a few little follies from CD1 (as does everyone else) but because our hormones are buggered by some hypothalamus-glad/insulin problem that I don't fully understand, they don't get enough FSH and grow waaay too slowly. At approximately 4/5mm, our immature follie/s have a little growth surge and grow quickly up to say... 8/9/10mm -at approx cd11/12 and because they have finished their surge but are still way too immature to ovulate, they just sit there (stuck) on our ovaries making them "polycystic" which makes us release too much testosterone, giving us all of our lovely (not!!) PCOS symptoms and buggering up our wacky cycles even more. This is also why most people with PCOS have such a high AMH number....because we still have most of our eggs we were born with because we very rarely ovulate!

This happens month after month, year after year, with an occasional flukey ovulation chucked in. When I had my baseline bloods and scan this cycle for example, my oestrogen was already a bit too high and my ovaries were already covered in countless visible/measurable immature follies even on cd2.

So from cd3 this cycle, in comes my high dosage of FSH injections for IVF to RE-stimulate ALL of these dormant follicles that have already grown a little and surged way too early from who knows how many months (even years???) ago......hence the high numbers of follies we seem to suddenly grow......BUT are they still healthy? What sort of quality will they be when they have already had "their cycle" where they were supposed to ovulate their egg but didn't quite make it and are just left sitting there, semi- mature, and then who know how much later... RE-stimulated to grow??

I've seen other PCOS ladies get high numbers of eggs during EPU but then have a huge drop off before it's time for ET and / or freezing and it makes me wonder if my theory is right? I'm terrified but will be very interested to see what my drop- off rate will be? I actually hope I prove my little theory very very wrong! Lol.

I've been pregnant three time in this last year and have found out at different scans that the heart-beat has stopped after everything seed to be going well. I have been tested and I have no chromosome problems (same as my DH) yet one of my angel-bub's who we lost at 11weeks had Trisomy 13. I never had the other two tested but all three of them were "missed miscarriages" with not a drop of blood or cramping to tell me something must be up. Ultrasounds showed all three were in a good spot in my womb and under a good, healthy layer of lining....so my FS and another second-opinion FS agree with my thoughts which is that they were simply bad quality embryo's who, despite my body doing it's best to hang onto them, weren't able to keep growing and unfortunately passed away. I've had tests which apparently show that there's nothing wrong with my womb, so it seems to be an embryo problem.....which I put down to my theory of polycystic follies/eggs as my hubby's numerous samples have all come back great.

I am fully aware though that 25/30 perhaps bad quality eggs at EPU do give us PCOS ladies at least a better chance of finding at least one or two good quality ones than zero embryo's at transfer/freezing stage so massive massive hugs to the ladies who end up with nothing....that's completely f@@ked up and just plain not fair . I am very very blessed to have my one healthy dd from an ovulation induction cycle 2.5 years ago so I just hope we can find one more healthy egg in there somewhere.....pleeeease universe!!!

Sorry for the novel but it's great to get this out to other people who might understand what I'm even on about! It's a bit lonely this infertility business
    Last edited by Ladydee; 26-09-2014 at 19:21.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (26-09-2014),bubblesandsqueaks  (27-09-2014),straycat  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee thanks for your posts and what you say makes sense for sure. Thank you for sharing your story. We are such a strong bunch of women here, we are all at different stages and all a wealth of information and freely sharing, we are a pretty proactive bunch I would say. I don't know what I would do without this forum .. as you said it is a lonely trip.

It appears I have everything else haywire with my reproductive health except PCOS. I ovulate like clockwork but due to severe endometriosis my body is wrecked and has caused a lot of problems especially in conceiving and as far as I know I have never been pregnant but AF arrives on time each month and I have been about 2 weeks late before but was not seriously TCC then so did not take test and eventually AF arrived. Endo is everywhere inc tubes and ovaries hence low AMH for my age and low eggs at EPU.
    @amie999 good luck to you lovey, order some food in and find a trashy movie that make you laugh and take your mind of things. Sending you many good
    @Bongley I am in Melb, I have heard of the famous Wazza, he sounds awesome and was born to do what he does, how amazing. I am willing to do anything even move or relocate temporarily but I have done 2 cycles at 2 different clinics and I do have a good doctor here so will see if she can work her magic this is my first cycle with her and I would be considered a tough case due to all the issues i have going on.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (26-09-2014)