Closed Thread
Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great result @Scootyboots! @puppystellasmum your follies are sounding similar to mine, perhaps a wee bit bigger. I think my EPU will be thursday or friday. @Heyside I'm not sure when the next scan will be, they might get me in tomorrow but perhaps those lead follies aren't big enough yet. @Excited1 my boobs never got sore either, maybe you could get your GP to do a blood test for you to put your mind at ease?

good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Question for you - For those of you with partners/husbands/significant others do they come with you to all your appointments? including any ivf scans or any others. There are a few compulsory ones like counselling and sperm collection/EPU but any others?

I am just wondering as I try to go to as many appointments I can alone as my work is much more flexible than my husbands and with ivf being so costly we cant afford for him to lose his job or put that at risk. Each time I go to an appointment everyone is in pairs.

Also do they come to transfer? Id like him to come to transfer but if he is out of town it seems a lot to ask for him to come back for a quick procedure so soon after EPU?! what do you think?
    There was a tread about this that I started not long ago.

I go to all but the essential appointments alone. DH finds it hard to get to appointments and sadly doesn't see the need to be there.

My husband drops me off for EPU and collects after and has been present for transfer only because I insisted. He froze sperm at continent times so he didn't have to show up if work was busy.

I hate going alone and seeing all the couples. This has been a huge struggle for me but I know it won't change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe I'm sorry he still doesn't support you in this. It should be enough that you really want him there, you are doing it for both of you.
    Having said that my partner doesn't bother with the embryo transfers anymore, they are so quick and we've done so many that it doesn't seem worth it. But I am ok with that.
    Its always good to have a second person there at FS appointments, for support and questions you wouldn't have thought of and information that you might forget.......its practical as well as emotional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies

So had EPU this morning

25 eggs collected

Had a call from the scientists and 20 of them were mature enlightened to be injected. IVF Australia does digital high magnification of the sperm, which as we MFI with DNA damage, is important for us. The scientist advised that they were able to get 20 normal sperm to inject.

Does anyone know if normal is good? Would they have said excellent sperm for eg if they had no damage?

Anyways now the waiting game starts...

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats @jeb8303 great numbers! How does that compare to your previous EPUs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley - previous EPUs have been 13-16

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    puppystellasmum - Great news on follies and EPU hun, good luck with it all, sure all will go well x

Scootyboots - Great news hun, nice that your fs was so supportive, hope you are relaxing at home now. Hope you get good news on your fertilisation rate.

Bongley - Hope you get good news whenever next scan is.

jeb8303 - amazing result hun, you have to be happy with that , I would presume the embryologist was referring to the sperm being normal as apposed to abnormal as in two heads and not swimming etc. Hope you hear good news soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jeb8303 - that's awesome! You're so lucky to have so many eggs retrieved. Sounds like an awesome start AND hopefully some to freeze for future cycles. Good luck with the next step!

I have a query ladies - please don't hate me for it! I quit smoking prior to starting my cycle (for obv. reasons!) and I've been going great, haven't had one since and went cold turkey to flush the nicotine out. My problem now is with my TWW I'm craving it something shocking - a mixture of habit, boredom and anxiety I guess! I have got a vaporiser (non nicotine) and was considering using that as an alternative to reduce my anxiety but of course I don't want to risk anything! Has anyone had this problem? Or heard of anything related to vaping while expecting? I'm going to give my FS a call but can't until tomorrow. Any advice would be great 😊

I'm on day 3 after transfer of a 3 day embie and I'm starting to feel some twinges and what I would consider sharp but mild cramps - I've had no bleeding or anything out of the ordinary so hoping it's just getting ready to bury deep into my lining 🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice work @jeb8303.

Well I officially am carry 2 X precious cargo :-D
    I have 11 frosties on ice for siblings (however if it's twins again siblings may not be required) ..

I am amazed at the donor I chose. The results are fantastic .. I have never had such awesome results. Generally I would have collected 23 -26 but only get 8 fertilise with my exH.

And it's nice and rainy today so I have been watching garbage on foxtel all afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question ladies pleeease - I had my day 6 of injections (cd8) bloods today and my Oestrogen came back as 3284....what do we think? Good/bad/average?? I have a scan tomorrow but will be going insane until then! SOOO terrified of not making it to my TWW! Would love to hear what other ladies got a this stage and how many eggs you ended up with