Closed Thread
Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KyLiE2014 View Post
    Haven't been on for a few days, its going to take me a while to go back and catch up. Hope you have all been travelling well.

Afm-Had my EPU with disappointing results, we only got 3 again. Transfer is booked for Tuesday if all goes to plan. FN called this morning and two eggs are progressing well. They are checking tomorrow aswell to give me some piece of mind. The last cycle we were an hour away from the hospital and it wasn't pleasant getting the call when driving.
    Out of curiosity, how have your EPU been? Any pain during procedure, FS running on time and do they see you afterwards?
    That must have been awful getting the call on the way

As for EPU I haven't had too much pain, I remember being uncomfortable once and they increased the pain meds as my heart rate went up. Usually a burning period type pain afterwards. The hospital I go to usually runs 45 mins behind schedule and I only see the nurses afterwards but it is a cheapo place. In fact it's usually not my FS that does the procedure. The joys of going public
    I usually suffer a bit a few days after the EPU when the follicles all fill back up with liquid but I have polycystic ovaries.
    for good news tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @Bongley lost half hun, 50% fert rate, so even with ICSI HA it wasn't the best ������ xx
    @KayzB Ah sorry to hear that. We tried ICSI on our second round, didn't make any difference to our rates. Hope those remaining embies are good and strong and make it to blastocysts tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @KayzB Ah sorry to hear that. We tried ICSI on our second round, didn't make any difference to our rates. Hope those remaining embies are good and strong and make it to blastocysts tomorrow.
    @Bongley thanks hunny, I hope so too! All the best with your BT, scan & follie progress tomorrow 😘 xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have been reading this thread for a few days and thought Id jump in and say hi. Good to see some familiar faces from other ivf threads as well xx

I'm doing my 2nd IVF cycle and on day 9 of jabbing and have 2nd scan tomorrow, I hope my little follies have grown this weekend! have 11 follies and 3 looking a decent size but unsure if it is enough for EPU. The nurse said something about triggering even if we think we won't get many as as it depends on my 'potential' I have low egg potential so I feel like all my cycles will be stim ones with very few eggs, my FS seems to think so too.
    @KyLiE2014 the exact same thing happened to me in my first cycle, was devastated to get the call en route to transfer that it will be cancelled as there is nothing to transfer. So I can relate xx hope those cells keep dividing well.

@KayzB sorry to hear you are still feeling sore, hopefully each hour it is a little better and will be thinking of you for tomorrow
    @ilovecake79 good luck for your test tomorrow!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (22-09-2014),KyLiE2014  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for you - For those of you with partners/husbands/significant others do they come with you to all your appointments? including any ivf scans or any others. There are a few compulsory ones like counselling and sperm collection/EPU but any others?

I am just wondering as I try to go to as many appointments I can alone as my work is much more flexible than my husbands and with ivf being so costly we cant afford for him to lose his job or put that at risk. Each time I go to an appointment everyone is in pairs.

Also do they come to transfer? Id like him to come to transfer but if he is out of town it seems a lot to ask for him to come back for a quick procedure so soon after EPU?! what do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat - I guess it really depends on which appointments you feel good to go to on your own and which ones you need support for? My DH doesn't come to everything but tries to get to all of the important stuff. He definitely doesn't go to bloods tests or mid-cycle scans and things but he does come to appointments where we'll be planing what to try different for the next following cycle where we've got to make decisions and to all of my pregnancy scans (I've been pregnant 3 times this year). He will be coming to my EPU and ET but just because I really want him there for support or else I'd just ask my mom. I only see partners at my clinic when they're there for IUI's and things....plenty of ladies without their partners at my FS office too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband comes to any important appointments where we talk about paths we will take, this is our first ivf cycle others have been OI, he will come to egg pick up and transfer, but I have always gone to bloods and scans solo, I travel 45mins to my clinic from home then to work it is an hr in another direction so to try and coordinate hubby to get there also is in the two hard basket. I've also found I've built up better relationships with the nurses going solo as I talk more than I would if hubby was there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scootyboots For This Useful Post:

straycat  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have egg pick up 8am tomorrow and apart from feeling a bit queasy (I think it's from metformin as I got a bit slack with taking it and have just gotten back to full dose) I feel nothing, not bloated no pains or twinges..... I'm worried that I should feel more. I hope everything is how it should be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Question for you - For those of you with partners/husbands/significant others do they come with you to all your appointments? including any ivf scans or any others. There are a few compulsory ones like counselling and sperm collection/EPU but any others?

I am just wondering as I try to go to as many appointments I can alone as my work is much more flexible than my husbands and with ivf being so costly we cant afford for him to lose his job or put that at risk. Each time I go to an appointment everyone is in pairs.

Also do they come to transfer? Id like him to come to transfer but if he is out of town it seems a lot to ask for him to come back for a quick procedure so soon after EPU?! what do you think?
    My DH comes to transfer & then if he is actually needed for others he comes or if I ask him but otherwise I just go alone....it's too hard for us to both find time and much easier scheduling if it's just me

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootyboots View Post
    So I have egg pick up 8am tomorrow and apart from feeling a bit queasy (I think it's from metformin as I got a bit slack with taking it and have just gotten back to full dose) I feel nothing, not bloated no pains or twinges..... I'm worried that I should feel more. I hope everything is how it should be
    I didn't feel any different before egg pick up relax you will be ok, let us know how you go. Tbh I was really surprised I felt great when going through my fresh cycle, so don't take it as a bad sign. Fingers crossed x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

Scootyboots  (22-09-2014)