Closed Thread
Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Sadly the numbers aren't great. I hope there is another option but I think cancelling is the only choice.
    @mummymaybe I hope there is something they can do tomorrow. My last cycle was cancelled so I understand your disappointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies I've been laying low feeling a little "woe is me" with my AF being nearly 3 weeks late and delaying me starting my first IVF cycle. Grrrrrr! Annnyway, after a course of Provera (yuck), I'm finally at CD2 today and went for baseline bloods and a scan this morning and took home my goodie-bag of drugs and needles ready to start jabbing 225ui of FSH from tomorrow I add in my second daily injections from Sunday, bloods on Monday, more bloods and a scan on Wednesday and hopefully EPU will be next Friday 26th or if I'm not quite ready, the following Monday. Glad to get started but have nerves and anxiety bubbling just under the surface......I sure hope this is finally my time to be a good statistic for once as 2014 has been pretty darn crappy so far. Now, let me scroll back and try to catch up! x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

just thought is pop in and sat go and try to get as much info as possible.

My DH and I have been told that IVF may be our next option and I have a few questions:
    - the cost approx $4,000 (out of pocket) how many cycles does that give you. Or is that just one? And do you have to pay that each time?
    - how often can you try? Is it something that's done monthly?

Really any info would be great please
    i tried to call my FS today but they were closed so I though here would be the next best thing

thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniSam View Post
    Hi ladies,

just thought is pop in and sat go and try to get as much info as possible.

My DH and I have been told that IVF may be our next option and I have a few questions:
    - the cost approx $4,000 (out of pocket) how many cycles does that give you. Or is that just one? And do you have to pay that each time?
    - how often can you try? Is it something that's done monthly?

Really any info would be great please
    i tried to call my FS today but they were closed so I though here would be the next best thing

thanks xx
    Dani the cost depends on how you respond. A full fresh cycle involves stimulating your ovaries to produce multiple follicles which are then retrieved and fertilised either naturally by putting them in a dish with your husbands sperm or the sperm can be injected into the eggs using ICSI.

After that happens you get a report on how many fertilise and they are generally monitored over three to five days. If all goes well, in day five a healthy blastocyst is put back in and any spares are frozen.

That's what you get for your $4000.

If the first one doesn't take, and you have some frozen you can put the next one back in the next month - that's called a frozen embryo transfer (FET) and costs less than a full fresh cycle ($1800 at my clinic).

If you have more frozen you can keep transferring those. Once they run out you're back to a new full stimulation cycle (another $4000),

Hope that helps?

Stats show couples generally get pregnant within three full fresh cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ScubaGal so if we make sure we have a minimum amount of $15,000 to cover costs do you think? (As a starting point really and save more if needed) And to allow 3 full fresh cycles if need be.

Also congrats on your BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @ScubaGal so if we make sure we have a minimum amount of $15,000 to cover costs do you think? (As a starting point really and save more if needed) And to allow 3 full fresh cycles if need be.

Also congrats on your BFP
    Well hopefully you'll get it first go or on a subsequent transfer. That's where having a good clinic with good success rates is important.

What fertility issues are you dealing with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome.
    I have been on tablets to try and make me ovulate but as yet nothing has happened. My FS has now prescribed me another lot and if these don't work he is suggesting IVF. He said that fsh injections are out as he said I will probably have more overstimulated and cancelled cycles so he said we would be wasting time.

Very nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome.
    I have been on tablets to try and make me ovulate but as yet nothing has happened. My FS has now prescribed me another lot and if these don't work he is suggesting IVF. He said that fsh injections are out as he said I will probably have more overstimulated and cancelled cycles so he said we would be wasting time.

Very nervous.
    Interesting. You'll still get the FSH injections as part of the cycle - plenty of women with PCOS go through IVF though and are successful so try not to be too afraid.

What might help will be if you take a notepad to your first FS appointment and ask lots of questions and write down all the things they tell you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Duplicate post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @DaniSam, @ScubaGal is right on both counts: there are many PCOS ladies going through IVF. And while cancelled cycles are a 'risk' (even for non-PCOS ladies), hopefully careful monitoring & administration/adjusting of meds will help to curb/address those issues 😊

And with FSH - for IVF, it's required, so not sure how your FS is proposing to do IVF without it?

Do you feel comfortable with your FS hun, that he's experienced & knowledgable? If not, do some research into an FS in your area who's well-known/renowned in the field. The best thing I ever did was changing clinics/FS xx