Closed Thread
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies,

@IBelieve I have been speaking with a few friends about the father not being there issue and 1 of my good friends who conceived their daughter through IVF (not donor) was telling me her daughter has a friend at school who was conceived by donor sperm and the children both know that little Mr E's father lives in America and he was such a generous man to help out his mum to make him.
    My friends daughter also knows she is an IVF baby and understands that she was 'made' differently but with love from more than her mummy and daddy.

I think the story they have told this young boy is sweet. It doesn't give him false hope that his father will be in his life, but he also knows that his father was a generous man and one day I'm sure he will ask more about his father bug I think he will be a bit more understanding.

Awww you girls seem to be a step ahead of me .. I'm just waiting until next AF than start the drugs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblesandsqueaks For This Useful Post:

IBelieve  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I like this story thank you, it's sweet and nice he knew so young.

Fortunately society is more and more liberal in its definition of family and even how it's made.

I may be a few weeks ahead of you @Bubblesandsqueak at this point, but maybe put off again til next cycle, depends on my oestrogen day 1.

Do you get ahead of yourself or have your losses prepared you. For eg today I was thinking about whether I would put one or two embies in, then I thought, hang on! Wait til you even get to start a cycle and see if there are any first! And yes, I do daydream about the nursery colour scheme!). Arghh.

What will be will be. What will be will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @IBelieve it's normal to think ahead I think.

I have even sussed out which private hospital I would prefer to go too.!!

But I just don't hang everything on the dream. I look after myself and just keep thinking that if it's meant to be than it is meant to be.

I let my losses take control of my whole being!!
    I LIVED just for IVF. Just for the thought I would be pregnant and become a mum. I let it take over my whole life to the point when I miscarried I wanted to end my own life as the pain of failing was nothing compared to being childless.
    This is what I mean by I had to hit rock bottom before I could see that IVF can not rule my world, only I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thought I'd jump on this thread as we'll be starting a cycle in Sept. We have been TTC for about a year, I have bad PCOS and very rarely ovulate and DP has abnormal sperm. We started our first ivf cycle in July but after 2 and a half weeks the FS cancelled it as nothing was working. So different regime this time, I have a higher than average risk of Ohss so they're being pretty cautious but fingers crossed this time we'll get some eggs! Look forward to hearing everyone's experiences.

Sent from my HTC_PO582

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @puppystellasmum

Sorry to hear about the OHSS that would be excruciating!!
    I think that's 3 of us with PCOS now .. it's becoming more and more common (not saying that it's good or bad etc).

My FS was saying that there is a way they do cycles now that allows them to increase the dosage and stop OHSS. My FS is in Brisbane and I do know the cycle changes a little to allow your body to rest before transfer.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm wondering if I can join? I'm a donor and doing a cycle in September. Feel free to tell me no- I won't be offended!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    welcome @spotsmum and @puppystellasmum

I had my cycle cancelled in july too (and I also have PCO) I normally respond very well to the long down reg but they decided to change my protocol to shake things up a bit and put me on the shorter antagonist cycle. I didn't respond at all so back to the long down reg. Just wanted to let you know that the different protocol can make all the difference. I hope they find the right regime for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Bongley

Was pretty frustrating when they cancelled but I would rather that than have to go through ohss so I am fine about it now. Just counting down the weeks

Sent from my HTC_PO582

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @spotsmum

Are you donating for someone you know? What a nice thing to do.!

Wow how August has flown !! 2 weeks to go until we are in full swing .. (happy dance )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, mind if I join too? I always get totally overwhelmed trying to keep up with these threads but I'm going to give it a red hot go.....

Super quick background....I've been TTC since Jan 2013 and our only problem should (?) be lack of ovulation because of PCOS. Started FSH injections with IUI in July 2013 and fell pregnant on my 4th try....miscarried on Christmas Eve at 7 weeks. Was waiting for my first post m/c AF to arrive to begin IVF in Jan/Feb this year when I discovered I was 6.5 weeks pregnant again but from a natural miracle.....miscarried again, at 11 weeks. Decided to have one rest cycle before trying one last time on our own the following cycle (which I really thought would be a second "rest cycle") and then finally starting IVF. Fluked another natural ovulation and what do you know, a third BFP......miscarried at 8.5 weeks

So here I am! No idea if I should really even be doing IVF but I've thought long and hard about it and weighed up the pro's and con 's and have made my choice......I not only need a BFP but a *healthy* embryo who will stick around for the long run and complete our family

I had a Hysteroscopy last Tuesday which showed an apparent healthy womb waiting for a bub....fingerscrossed! Look forward to getting to know you ladies and celebrating our BFP's all together
    Last edited by Ladydee; 11-08-2014 at 19:37.