Closed Thread
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @BecRedrose over here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ScubaGal...I will post a quick history then start reading from page 1.

Hubby and I have been under Dr Sides care for the last 2 years due to unexplained problems (Me not hubby). We have done a number of tracking cycles with injectable and haven't had a pregnancy at all.

I have laparoscopy and dye studies with endometriosis treated and tubes patent last August. They found endo but nothing to serious. But still nothing.

Hubby and I are finishing this cycle with puregon and ovidrel currently on day 15 and still no ovulating before moving onto ICSI at the end of next month.

Bye for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @BecRedrose welcome to the big leagues! We are glad to have you here. Moving on to IVF and ICSI can feel really daunting because it seems like such an indictment on your natural fertility to have to need such intensive treatment. I felt a lot of grief when we first found out that ICSI was our only option. But I'm also sort of grateful that at least we had a clear diagnosis (MFI antibodies) so we didn't have to go through a year or two of clomid or IUI. Seriously, that must have been really hard for you, month after month of injecting and wondering if any magic is happening inside and then being epically disappointed.

So anyway I will say allow yourself to feel a bit of grief at the prospect of IVF ICSI but also once you start I've found there's a much greater sense of something actually happening - getting the egg collection report, knowing they're getting those swimmers straight in there without any wondering and then getting a fertilisation report and hopefully pretty quickly getting to transfer and BFP - it seems more sure fire than the clomid or IUI and other therapies so I hope you have some comfort in that.

It's a great group here so I'm sure you'll feel welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @BecRedrose I started my journey with Dr Sides before having to move to Genea. Good luck and wishing you lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesandsqueaks View Post
    Evening ladies,

Acupuncture is going good. I seem to be sleeping better
    I have update the roll call as best as I could. I have guessed some dates.

how are things going @mummymaybe , @MissBell, @amie999 and @spotsmum

Had an awesome day today .. Spend most of the afternoon spending the rest of my birthday gift cert.
    Micro derm and a massage = felling like a cool million bucks
    Sorry I've been MIA.

CD27 today and went to see FS, I have had baseline scan and picked up all my meds. Just waiting for AF to arrive hopefully Sunday or Monday.

We are changing things a bit this time after our failure of a cycle a couple months ago. Higher dose of FSH and much more monitoring.

I will read back and catch up on everyone tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal it took me a while to get my head in the right frame of mind lol. I hope you can get back on track soon. When are you in town? pm hun x

@ladybug14 , @Bluemeeple & @BecRedrose welcome over ladies

@bubblesandsqueaks pls add em to the roll call too hun. Doing a stim cycle and start sniffing Syneral on 9th sept.

@Wannabeamumma2014 keep growing lil Eggies and enjoy your weekend before EPU

@mummymaybe glad your back and hope AF arrives on time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick Question Ladies??

What is your Folic Acid Dosage?

I'm taking 0.05mg Megafol. But I saw at the clinic yesterday they had Megafol 5mg on the table. I feel I may be taking the wrong dose. Tried to call the clinic and spoke to a different nurse and she said that everyone should be taking pregnancy multivitamins?? My FS didn't say I needed to. Only the Folic Acid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    Quick Question Ladies??

I'm taking 0.05mg Megafol. But I saw at the clinic yesterday they had Megafol 5mg on the table. I feel I may be taking the wrong dose. Tried to call the clinic and spoke to a different nurse and she said that everyone should be taking pregnancy multivitamins?? My FS didn't say I needed to. Only the Folic Acid.
    I'm taking Elevit. It has 800mcg of folate but I think the official health advice is 400mcg.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    Quick Question Ladies??

I'm taking elivit and it contains 800mcg (0.8mg) folic acid. So your dose of 0.5mg is about right.

I was advised to take extra folic acid due to multiple family members having issues with neural tube defects. I did this for 12 months but kinda have up. That dose was 5mg.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7, .5 is the recommended dose unless you're at risk of NTD. I was on 5mg cos I got it overseas and my naturopath who is amazing in all things fertility said to come off it and only take .5mg. Can't remember why tho.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (30-08-2014)