Closed Thread
Page 11 of 104 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    @babygirl7 I hear you - 5 kids!! ...I know I'm a broken record on this point but can you believe people just get pregnant from having sex?!?!?!? There's a great line in a monty python song about comprehending the universe and then realising how amazingly unlikely is your birth... rings very true at the moment.
    @Bongley glad to hear you haven't been delayed again. That would really have been lame.
    @Littleve rained in sounds pretty good for a romantic weekend
    @bubblesandsqueaks glad you're nearly there - is the counselling quite full on to get going? I imagine you must be raring to get going now.

AFM I've got a BT tomorrow to see how my hormones are tracking. I've accepted that the FS is right and my cycle will be unusually long since so far no signs of ovulation and normally I'd have o'd by now. Coincidentally just like last cycle I'm booked to go to interstate right when I expect transfer to be, so I think I'll just be cancelling the trip this time, considering how stressful it was last month when I had my rental car break down then got food poisoning all in the beginning of the TWW.

I think I'm having some sort of weird backlash to all my efforts to be super healthy and zen last cycle. Contrary to last month I'm drinking coffee, I've had a few beers (many actually - I think I drank every day from when I found out I would miscarry for about 10 days straight) and can't seem to get myself together around food either. I even went out and bought some nice chemical-ey shampoo because the hippie stuff was driving me up the wall. I thought I'd reigned it in yesterday and gotten back on track at least in terms of healthy eating, but then got the munchies and ate all the cheese in the house right before bed. Good one I'm 2kg heavier than I was last month so feeling extra great about that too (not).

Sigh.

I think I'll be the poster girl for not doing all the wellbeing stuff during a cycle. We will see how that works out.
    Its so hard. When people say 'be good to yourself' after a hard knock I think, does that mean I can wallow in chocolate and beer and pizza (which will just make me feel bad in the long run) or I should exercise and eat healthy? The chocolate and beer usually wins out in the short term as my willpower tends to die when I'm depressed. Then just as I get on top of things and start getting into good habits IVF comes along and knocks me off balance.

So I hear ya!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Cyd  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 I understand your pain .. There is always at least 1 in a family/friend group.
    My cousin has 4 children who are mildly autistic and she posts garbage on FB how her kids are defective or damaged goods. It's heart breaking as the kids are really good kids (IMO it's bad parenting)!!
    @ScubaGal I think most of us have been where you have/are but no one would have felt the way you did/do. It is always stronger when it happens to 'us' .. it's human nature.
    I found I had to really hit rock bottom before I seen the light, and I truly hope that doesn't happen to you .
    As for therapy .. it's intrusive a little, does back through your life .. someone is basically deciding if your intentions are for the right reasons .. I broke down in my first session as I had to discuss my 2 pregnancies and MC's. Opened a few wounds that for sure .. I'm an authorized foster carer so I have been through similar stuff before except the government is way worse
    @Bongley that's good news about the cycling continuing .. your luck is on the up !!
    @Littleve sorry to hear about the rain .. but at least you got good quality time.

AFM - Well we had a blast on the weekend .. watched Sooooo much Tom and Jerry (I never realised I liked kids cartoons so much). I got woken up both Saturday and Sunday to tiny freezing fingers in my eyes and nose to wake up .. I hope we all get to enjoy and experience this for ourselves !!

If I have missed anyone .. Heya

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubblesandsqueaks For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (19-08-2014),ScubaGal  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    babygirl - Great news that you have got the go ahead to get started.

bubblesandsqueak - Glad you enjoyed the weekend with the little one, it brings back our own childhood doesn't it when we have little ones around the place. Not long for you now hope the time goes quickly.

Littleve - Hope af turns up quickly, glad you enjoyed your weekend even if you did get rained in, always nice to be forced to relax.

Bongley - Glad that all has worked well and your nurse gave you the go ahead to stick to the cycle.

Scubagirl - I really understand where you are with the healthy eating, I have been sticking to a healthy diet since last Janurary and just became over it all after sticking to it for over 16 months and it all went out of control. I had 3 months where I just ate what I wanted when I wanted . I had my last blow out last weekend when we went away for the weekend and started on the healthy eating again last Monday, really don't think 2 weeks of healthy eating is going to undo the damage I have done over 3 months though just before I start the IVF.

AFM - Only a few days now until Friday when I have my fs appointment and pick up my medication. Think I will be starting the synarel that night, ladies who have taken it before, is it really as bad as I have heard am I going to be able to function lol!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (20-08-2014),Bongley  (19-08-2014),bubblesandsqueaks  (19-08-2014),ScubaGal  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Heyside a friend of mine is on the Synarel and was really worried about the side effects but she's doing fine.

Try to stay off dr google - treat any online reports of ghastly horrific side effects as you would restaurant and hotel reviews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I've never had any side effects with it that I've noticed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Heyside and @babygirl7

Seems like a few of us have started off

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubblesandsqueaks For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (20-08-2014),Littleve  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scubagal and bongley, nice to hear its not always worse case scenario as regards symptoms. I suppose its the same as the metformin that I am currently taking, I have read lots of people suffer problems with that and I have had none. Think you are right though Scubagal - stay away from Mr google lol! Now I just need to come to terms with shoving something up my nose have always avoided nasal sprays.
    Last edited by Heyside; 19-08-2014 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely good to get going though bubbleandsqueaks, feel like I have been waiting for this next step for a long time, great that I will have some girls in this thread who are going through things with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside good luck. I have a very VERY bad gag reflex and this stuff tips me off. As for Metformin .. that stuff makes me want to barf and I get really dizzy .. can I ask what you take it for? I used it for weight loss that's all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesandsqueaks View Post
    @Heyside good luck. I have a very VERY bad gag reflex and this stuff tips me off. As for Metformin .. that stuff makes me want to barf and I get really dizzy .. can I ask what you take it for? I used it for weight loss that's all
    The gag reflex doesn't sound good bubblesandsqueaks, hopefully it doesn't set me off like that. As for the met I have been given it as a standard treatment for my pcos, I dont have problems with my weight or insulin levels but it must be doing something as my acne isnt as bad as when I was ttc dd when I wasnt taken it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app