Closed Thread
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ksenoj
    I have asked Westmead this question 3 months ago and there answer was Yes , they do back to back frozen transfers . I'm pretty sure nothing has changed since then but can any other girls here double confirm this is the case ?
    All the best on your journey ksenoj 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope everyone is doing well!

Had our morph scan yesterday and she (still a she!) is doing well. Can't believe we're at 19 weeks. It's gone so slowly! haha

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (24-05-2016),bel2466  (22-05-2016),Chiefsgirl  (23-05-2016),HopefulforBFP  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsjaguar what an amazing milestone you have reached !!
    Im very happy for u and wish u all the best for the second half of ur pregnancy ! Rest well and enjoy !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if Westmead uses donor sperm? I'm thinking not as there's nothing on their website... I spoke to one of the nurses today (Lynda - lovely!) and forgot to ask.
    Last edited by ange1111; 24-05-2016 at 20:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best to ring and double check but my understanding was they don't offer or keep donor sperm there as a service but if you source it elsewhere then you can transfer it there and they will use it in your cycles.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I went to WFC yest for an appointment with the nurse and was really impressed with the way they do things...If this current cycle is unsuccessful I will def cycle next time with them and bank some embies (if all goes to plan), and do PGS to see if any normal. It's going to be so much cheaper as we've reached the threshold. Biggest expense will be getting DPs sperm shipped from Genea, ($1100) but thats OK...We were going to give donor sperm a go as my man has his own biological children (older now), and he doesn't want me to keep going through this, and to do that we may need to go elsewhere...but due to the cost not being too high I think I can def get through a couple more rounds using his sperm - if needed. Nurse Lynda seemed very knowledgeable. I feel OK with the roster system, and thats how they obvisouly keep costs though. The PGS sounds good too if you are up for doing a couple of rounds and banking eggs for testing in one go. I love how they process it in 24hrs so you can have a transfer on Day 5 of the last banking cycle!Anyways, Im having one transferred tomorrow, so getting a bit ahead of myself, but we've not had luck yet and like a back-up plan so Im not too deflated. Best wishes to everyone and extra thanks to @mrsjaguar for all her help!
    Last edited by ange1111; 25-05-2016 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you've had a good experience so far Ange, and good luck for transfer tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #5

Hi Ladies, I have not been on here for a while but I am about to start a fresh IVF cycle. We have a gorgeous 21 month old DD from my second cycle through Westmead. I messaged Westmead yesterday to book in my day 1. I missed a call from the nurse at 4:30pm who left a message to say that they will call me today. Can anyone tell me what to expect from a short antagonist cycle? I haven't heard from the nurses today and I am worried that I should already be on Monofeme as I am now on day 2. Keen to get started!
    Last edited by Ever1013; 28-05-2016 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever1013 View Post
    Hi Ladies, I have not been on here for a while but I am about to start a fresh IVF cycle. We have a gorgeous 21 month old DD from my second cycle through Westmead. I messaged Westmead yesterday to book in my day 1. I missed a call from the nurse at 4:30pm who left a message to say that they will call me today. Can anyone tell me what to expect from a short antagonist cycle? I haven't heard from the nurses today and I am worried that I should already be on Monofeme as I am now on day 2. Keen to get started!
    Welcome back Ever!! So exciting you are back on the ivf train. Yes I think the meds from a fresh short cycle generally start day 2/3. I'd call again asap. You will probably need to pick up meds today. So excited for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #5

Thanks Bel, heading to Westmead tomorrow morning for my first blood test and to collect my Gonal F from the pharmacy so I can start. I have had an absolutely agonizing period this month, so painful. Had to stop playing with my little girl earlier, take panadol and sit down on the couch with a hot water bottle as I was in so much pain I nearly passed out. I think my endo has returned, and I am worried that it could affect this IVF cycle.
    Last edited by Ever1013; 29-05-2016 at 20:49.