Closed Thread
Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't had OHSS mrs j. Please call the clinic or head into hosp if you get worse Hun. They thought I would get it as they collected 18 eggs from about 22 follicles but I had heaps of Powerade, salty foods and protein around egg pick up and afterwards that it never came. I researched how to minimise the chance of getting it as I'm a pcos gal with a high AMH and therefore high risk OHSS. Hope you are ok xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks chick! I've always done the gatorade & high protein post retrieval, but this is pretty uncomfortable. Don't think it's severe, so I'll see how I feel tomorrow & maybe ring the clinic to pick their brains. Not that I want much to do with them right now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mrsjaguar def Sounds like you have a dose of ohss. I'd give them a call. Hope you feel better soon.

I still don't know what they can't grow them out to day 5 for a freeze all, then you at least know what you're playing with. This way, you pay to have them frozen and they might all not thaw properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know @Chiefsgirl - the new clinic I'm looking at is horrified they still freeze all at day 1, and everyone I've spoken to for quotes says that they will grow out to day 5 to see what they are working with. Apparently freezing at day 1 is quite outdated now, so that doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence - especially because of our terrible thaw/grow rates from our last 8 day 1 embies.

I've left a message for the clinic to see about this pain. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsjaguar how are you? did it end up being OHSS? Have been thinking about you!!! Can I ask what the other clinic is you've been speaking with? I'm thinking that after my last few cycles it may be good to look elsewhere or at least make some enquiries 😄 so even though I knew it was a BFN I did the test on the day they said and surprise surprise it was still friggin negative! feeling so broken right now since today was the exact date of our miscarriage last year! like a bloody double dose of letting me know how infertile we are!!! urrgghh!
    Hope you all have a great long weekend planned X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey chick, thanks for checking in on me. It was mild OHSS and bleeding into my ovaries causing the pain. Did an u/s and was on rest all this week - thankfully swelling gone down now and I'm feeling a lot better today - 8 days after EPU!!

I'll PM you clinic stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

it's Zobear, I've had some issues with my account settings and an old email account so I thought I'd open another account and rename myself! A pain but oh well.

Mrs J, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, OHSS is awful. Did they advise you to do anything? They told me protein and fluids. Mine was quite bad requiring hospitalisation, but the treatment is the same. Hope your feeling better.

How's everyone else?

We have our appointment with dr smith soon, I'm still debating whether I want to do OI or IVF. I Had such a rotten time with IVF last time and was ****ed off OI was not even offered. Wasn't Dr smith was a different FS. I only have one tube after an ectopic pregnancy so I'm not sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishfulbear, hope all goes well with your appointment. I'm kind of the opposite to you. For a year before moving to WFC, we did clomid then 3 x injectable iui cycles. I'm annoyed that we did the iui's and weren't referred straight onto ivf. I was on the same drugs as ivf (just lower dose) and apart from the egg collection, I really didn't find it too different. I feel that we wasted so much time on treatments that we're never going to work and the iui was just as stressful for me as the ivf cycle we did (the injections were my biggest issue - I have a phobia and DH had to do them all, every cycle).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MrsJag I get here infrequently but just wanted to say I'm so sorry - there's no logic in what works and what doesn't. And OHSS to boot is so unfair xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

just a quick question, with an antagonist cycle what CD did you start injections?

Hope your all well