Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I go to westmead
    I have a FET on Friday as this is my first ever not sure what to expect hope all goes well and my day 1 frozen embryos thaw fine today and grow to blasts for Friday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristyj View Post
    Hi ladies I go to westmead
    I have a FET on Friday as this is my first ever not sure what to expect hope all goes well and my day 1 frozen embryos thaw fine today and grow to blasts for Friday...
    Goodluck Kristyj. Did you have a freeze all cycle? I didn't find transfer too bad. Abit uncomfortable, similar to a pap smear. Hopefully you get some good, strong embryos.
    Ask if you're able to take a picture of the embryo they transfer. I love that we have a picture at that early stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you guys are going well.

We are weighing up whether we go with WFC for another fresh cycle, or try somewhere else. Our best egg retrieval (13 eggs, 8 fertilised embryos) led to only two transfers, and no pregnancies... so it was a huge bust. I feel like we've wasted our times since October last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Mrs J, I wish I had some great advice for you but I don't :-( I think there are pros and cons with staying or going. Yes sometimes a pair of fresh eyes and a new start can be just what you need although my sister went through a much more expensive clinic in Sydney and was extremely disappointed. They only did egg collections on mon/wed/fri and she was ready for pick up on a sat but had to wait till Monday. She only got 5 eggs and the timing was all off. Overall she was unhappy with the whole experience. On the other hand I know ladies who did 5 cycles with a clinic with no luck only to fall pregnant with the first cycle at a new clinic with a slightly different protocol. It's such a hard decision lovely ...
    Maybe explore a move so at least you can say you have given everything a shot, or commit to one more stim at WFC and if no go then move on? Or change FS but stay at WFC? It's sooo hard! xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also Mrs J have you looked into DHEA for egg quality? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GBA85 View Post
    Goodluck Kristyj. Did you have a freeze all cycle? I didn't find transfer too bad. Abit uncomfortable, similar to a pap smear. Hopefully you get some good, strong embryos.
    Ask if you're able to take a picture of the embryo they transfer. I love that we have a picture at that early stage.
    Yeah I did have a freeze all my progesterone was too high after EPU so I've been waiting and patiently waiting
    I asked the lab via text msg today if they will give me updates before Friday to tell me how my embryos are going but they said no you only hear when it's bad news
    So it's fingers crossed

Did anyone else here call and check up on theirs??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as me when we did our first cycle @Kristyj. Progesterone too high and had to freeze all. I was really anxious too but they didn't update me on how they were growing, said to come in for transfer on x day and they'd let me know if anything changed. Just hope you don't hear from them and you're all good for a transfer as planned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone knows the costs involved in keeping embies frozen past the 2 years?

We were blessed with a little girl last year and are not sure if we want to go again this year or wait until she is 2... We are really enjoying her at the moment

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sending everyone positive vibes.

Mieke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GBA85 View Post
    Same as me when we did our first cycle @Kristyj. Progesterone too high and had to freeze all. I was really anxious too but they didn't update me on how they were growing, said to come in for transfer on x day and they'd let me know if anything changed. Just hope you don't hear from them and you're all good for a transfer as planned.
    It's so hard to just sit back and try not think about it
    I'm positive because we are young (me 31 DH 30) and our only issue is a previous ectopic and loss of tube
    Oh and I did have a natural pregnancy and miscarriage 2 years ago...

So can I ask if you have been successful on ur IVF journey yet? Do you have any children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry @mieke034, I'm not too sure. Our two years is up in a few months too so we'll have to look into the cost also. Though, we are looking at doing another FET in the next two months.
    @Kristyj, sorry for your losses. I hope your transfer gives you the baby you've been waiting for. Yes, our first FET resulted in a perfect baby girl. She's 10.5 months old now and we're hoping to give her a sibling soon - we saw our FS 2 weeks ago, I'm going for pelvic ultrasound on wednesday and hoping to do a transfer in June. @mrsjaguar, it sucks so much for you to be in the position you are. If only there was a way of knowing for sure what would be your best option. Xo