+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaginal Birth or C section?

For those who have experienced both, which was the better experience and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had 2 natural births and one csection.

Hands down would choose natural as it took ages to recover from my csection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know I'm going to be the odd one out here, that's ok
    I've had 3 v births and 1 c sect and hands down the c sect. Considerably faster and less painful recovery for me than all 3 of my v births. The c sect recovery was much easier than I expected it to be. And I also didn't have to go the traumatic horrendous births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm with you there grumpysmurf! I've had 1 VB and 3 c/s and the birth plus recovery of the c/s were a far better experience and recovery then my VB was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 natural and 1 cs (emergency) my first vb (2nd child) was my best recovery. I think the 2nd vb was better recovery than the cs also (just!) but I was ill with the csection, so that is a factor. I'm preg with no. 4 and not sure which way I'm going to go this time. Size of bub is my main concern that is what caused tearing with 2nd vd and made recovery a bit longer. But I'm still leaning towards vb more. Just want to be active asap with 3 littlies at home. But I read these accounts of better recovery with csection and it muddies the waters!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my issue too. I liked the fact I could move around etc after my vb and was just sore down there, I don't know how I would go with having to take it easy, no lifting, driving etc. though I'm not sure I can get into the frame of mind to have a vb again. I found the whole experience quite awful and it makes me upset thinking about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first was emergency c/s and 2&3 were VBACs. Hands down the VB for me. My last, where I was induced for PE was actually my best recovery and birthing wise, I actually went home that day. My c/s was under a general anaesthetic though so that sways my opinion a fair bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm def finding it a tough choice :-( I loved with dd (my better vb) so nice having her with me the whole time (ie no recovery room) but I had a vb with ds2 and he had to go to special care for a very short time (1hr). But then I'm pretty scared of surgery! How long have you got op?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KyD View Post
    My first was emergency c/s and 2&3 were VBACs. Hands down the VB for me. My last, where I was induced for PE was actually my best recovery and birthing wise, I actually went home that day. My c/s was under a general anaesthetic though so that sways my opinion a fair bit!
    What's pe? And would you mind telling me how you were induced? I'm considering that as an option if bub is getting very big towards the end. But induction after a csection frightens me a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pe is preeclampsia...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (03-08-2014)