+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Just need some emotional support

Hey ladies, having a rough day. I'm about six weeks pregnant with number 2. Had some browny-reddish discharge today and went to the ER in tears. Apparently too early for an u/s so now I'm waiting for rest results to see if my hcg has dropped. I just hate this stage of pregnancy. I freaking hate it. All the medicos reinforce the fact that 20% of pregnancies miscarry and I should take it one day at a time. Nurse today was handing me pamphlets on miscarriage. I know they're right but I just can't. I try not to be invested but I am. I can't help it. I remember with number 1, by the end I was hugely swollen with preeclampsia in 37 degree heat and I still preferred that to this horrible stage where you can't tell anyone, you feel like crap and you're living with the knowledge your baby may die at any moment.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm looking for, I'm just miserable and I feel so weak falling apart like this.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs I'm 7+3 but when I was 5+5 I had a small bleed rang my ultrasound place as had an appointment booked for the following week they saw me that day. I had an internal and they found a baby and heartbeat not all bleeding means the end it's so common to have bleeding in a pregnancy, I'm going again on Wednesday for a scan and I'm so nervous and scared that something's going to be wrong

I really hope this is just a hick up in your pregnancy and everything is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please be kind to yourself. I bled from around 6-14 weeks with my second baby, each time I was sure that was it. That baby is now 2yrs old. I know it's hard not to worry though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    It's not normal to bleed during pregnancy but it is common. I bled at 9 weeks. The couldn't find the cause but bub was fine.

Fingers crossed everything is okay OP. Such a stressful time. My thoughts are with you.

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry you're having a rough day. This time is so hard. It should (hopefully) be a happy time but the anxiety about everything being ok can take away from that. And as you said, not being able to tell anyone makes it harder.
    I'm at 34w with my first and I bled from about 8-16 weeks - sometimes brownish, sometimes bright red. At one US the Dr could see where the bleed was coming from - not baby and not placenta so that was ok. At 6w I had awful pain on one side - Dr thought might be ectopic and sent me for an US in the A&E department. That whole time sitting, waiting was horrific.
    Then from then on i've stressed about everything being ok. No feeling movements enough, freaking out again.

Is there a close friend or family member you would feel comfortable telling that you are pregnant in case you need their support?

Also if I can offer anything, it's what was said to me at one of the number of trips to the hospital, and that is - don't worry about how many times you go down there to get checked out. If it does not other than ease your mind, then do it. Whatever it takes to reassure you - do it.

Wishing you only good things Op x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey honey,it sounds scary but it could still be ok! I had the same thing at 6 weeks and went to ER however they scheduled me for vaginal ultrasound the next morning and everything was fine...it's strange that they didn't get you one - try a different hospital/dr...if it's brownish discharge it could be ok - it's bright red what you should really worry about - just try to rest and no straining and lots and lots of rest...hopefully all will be well xxx I had brownish discharge on and off through out pregnancy and had a full term son who is now 7! All the best to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding at 5 weeks, had an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks (it was a loooong wait) and saw a healthy little bubba with a nice strong heartbeat fingers crossed you get good news too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had any cramps? I had a bleed (bright red) at 6+4 with some mucusy stuff in it but no pain. Was sure it was a miscarriage. Spent all night in ER just waiting to be seen then ended up getting sent for u/s the next afternoon. They found my babies and their heartbeats and no sign of any reason for the bleed - said it could've just been implantation or a bit of placenta that came away.

I'm only 11+3 now and still always have it in the back of my mind. Can't wait for my next scan in a week and a half. My fingers are crossed that it is nothing for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your support ladies. The blood test showed my hcg had increased to about 14,000. A us today showed a gestational sac and a yoke sac but no fetal pole. The sac was the size of a 5 weeks 6 days and cervix was closed. It's very confusing, I thought if the baby had died the sac would stop growing, but 5 weeks 6 days is pretty much spot on. I have to go back next week as they say it may be too early. I just have that nurse's comments running round my head. She went through all the miscarriage options before anything had been investigated and I just feel like there's no hope, even though it may still be fine. I guess I'll wait and see. Good luck with your pregnancies ladies xx

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Sally1981 thinking of you today.
    When I went to A&E at the hospital at 6 weeks because of the pain, the nurse there immediately started talking about the worst. That if bub was ectopic or I had MC they could give me some drugs to "sort it out". It was like they immediately thought the worst.
    The the Dr did the US himself - because by then it was 7pm on a friday night and he said it would take hours for the Ob to turn up - and sure enough I saw tiny bub and a flicker that the Dr agreed "could be cardiac activity".
    The reality is you really do need to wait and see. I'm crossing everything for you.