+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwazii View Post
    All I can think when I see people announce the second they have peed on a stick is "how nice that you're so sheltered that you don't realise how common m/c is".
    This was me. Well it was a week after i POAS. In my defense ive only ever had 5 people pregnant around me and all 5 ended at birth so for me i didnt realise till joining BH at 18 weeks just how common m/c are. Sounds naive but at 23 i always said i didnt want kids, none of my friends are interested yet and it just wasnt a topic i spent an enormous amount of time thinking about. We were going to wait but lasted a week before my mum figured it out then felt we should tell other family as well. Then DP wanted to tell his best mates which meant i also told their partners who are my mates. After all that we were left with a small handful of people who DIDNT know. Thought stuff it and announced. All in all we absolutely SUCK at secrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jmeleem I'm glad it all worked out for you. I don't think it's bad that you weren't aware how common m/c is. There was no sarcasm in my thoughts that it's nice that you don't know anyone who has been affected and so were sheltered from the heartbreak and the stress for you. We had our 13 week scan on Monday and less than an hour after the good news that everything was fine my FIL called with the news that his mother had taken a turn for the worst and we should come and say goodbye. So all our plans to announce our good news went out the window and we just told DH's grandmother by showing her the US photo. She was thrilled and rallied a bit so hopefully she'll pull through and be motivated to last until the birth, but it doesn't look good. Everyone, cousins, MIL, FIL, aunts, uncles were in the room or close by so I put in a quick phone call to my parents to tell them to. Took the excitement out of the news, but we're glad I was far enough along that we felt comfortable telling people.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kwazii For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (18-09-2014),MummaCat  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwazii View Post
    @Jmeleem I'm glad it all worked out for you. I don't think it's bad that you weren't aware how common m/c is. There was no sarcasm in my thoughts that it's nice that you don't know anyone who has been affected and so were sheltered from the heartbreak and the stress for you. We had our 13 week scan on Monday and less than an hour after the good news that everything was fine my FIL called with the news that his mother had taken a turn for the worst and we should come and say goodbye. So all our plans to announce our good news went out the window and we just told DH's grandmother by showing her the US photo. She was thrilled and rallied a bit so hopefully she'll pull through and be motivated to last until the birth, but it doesn't look good. Everyone, cousins, MIL, FIL, aunts, uncles were in the room or close by so I put in a quick phone call to my parents to tell them to. Took the excitement out of the news, but we're glad I was far enough along that we felt comfortable telling people.
    Sorry to hear, i hope she proves everyone wrong xx
    We were told the same about my grandma. Have spent the last 7 months wondering if she will make it. Her doctors told her flat out that she wouldn't. So far she is still with us and only 6 weeks to go.
    I hope its the same for yours.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 18-09-2014 at 20:59.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

Kwazii  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 18-09-2014 at 21:04.