+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sirena89 just curious what kind of hazards u have at work? I just tested positive and work in a pool shop (pretty fumey) and my boss is a close family member! I'm thinking, unless my dr advises I'm gonna hold off until 10 weeks or so, and make sure I have other staff that can take care of lifting/unpacking hazardous goods etc..
    Congrats on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DP can't keep a secret. At all. So people knew a few weeks after we did. But we lost our first at 25 weeks so with our second we felt there was no "safe period" so we didn't announce as such but told people when we saw them.

Tbh mostly it was so people were more comfortable talking about babies and pregnancy around us. It was a very strange time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hayley2015 I work as a OT nurse so xray procedures, as well as lifting and positioning patients, and fumes from using diathermy I am most concerned about. Congrats to you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is every one going with waiting?? It's been hard for me because I have had gastro compound my ms and have had to have quite some time off work. My boss knows but none of the other staff so I feel like they think I'm just brining slack. And none of the family knows so I haven't been able to rely on them, so hard!! But we are still sticking to waiting till 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 11+6 today. Planning to tell everyone on Father's Day. Super excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome @shining! Hubby wanted to tell his dad for Father's Day but it's a little too early so we have to wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the Verifi test so I'm finding out the sex today and going to keep it a secret from DH until Sunday. Waiting for the OB office to call me back. I hate waiting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I just had my first scan this morning at a day shy of our 7th week and we definitely have a little bean on board (I burst into tears in front of the OBG, who I've never met before), so I thought I might drop in. 12 weeks won't be till mid-October, which seems forever, but after our miscarriage, we're taking things a week at a time and choosing not to tell people - not even family - for awhile yet. It must sound really strange... that's not to say we're not excited though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not strange at all @nightchild80 we aren't telling anyone at all either until 12 weeks, but it's like hubby and mines little secret and we are getting to enjoy it for ourselves first which is nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tell our parents straight away but no one else. Thank god, since I miscarried last week at 7 weeks 5 days. You'd think we were safe considering we had seen a strong hb at a good rate on a scan the day before it died. You'd also think we were safe considering I had morning sickness etc, but it turned out the baby was already gone when that started and my stupid body faked it. So next time, if there is one, I'll be telling only parents to spare myself the anguish of being forced to tell people bad news.