+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All I can think when I see people announce the second they have peed on a stick is "how nice that you're so sheltered that you don't realise how common m/c is". All but one of my friends (or friends wives) have experienced at least one miscarriage and some of them were/are young and most of us are healthy. My sister, however, tells everyone early on purpose. She says it's so she has a support network ready if she needs it. I think she (like me) struggles to keep a secret

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kwazii For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (03-09-2014),Chillies  (26-08-2014),LaDiDah  (05-09-2014),Sally1981  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to wait both times... my stomach spoke for me though, I bloat up like a balloon instantly I still refused to acknowledge it to most ppl until the scan though - although second time I was more relaxed & figured I wouldn't mind if people knew I miscarried if that were to happen. Told best friend and parents. All blabbed. I didn't mind people knew but if you want to find out who you can't trust, it's a disappointing social experiment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My rule of thumb is that I'm happy for those to know who I would tell if something bad happened anyway, so for me that was close friends and our immediate families. I didn't want to announce it publicly before the NT scan as I wanted to make sure that the vitals were ok, and that I'd gotten to a stage where the chance of miscarriage is lower. I didn't want to be forced into a position where I had to tell people that I'd lost a baby before I wanted to talk about it, if the unthinkable happened. Family didn't blab, so no one found out who wasn't meant to know either times.
    I know people who have told everyone (I.e: announced on fb) at 5/6 weeks and then have had a miscarriage... So something like 300 people know your personal news and are potentially going to ask you how the pregnancy is going. I wouldn't want to be in that position myself. OR find out at their NT scan that there is likely/is something something wrong with their baby and they need to make a decision about termination etc. I wouldn't want everyone asking about a pregnancy while I'm trying to make a decision like that. That's just me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't read all the replies but I didn't tell anyone til after my 12 wk scan results. Hubby told his brother at around 6 wks, but I kept quiet. I actually didn't find it hard not to tell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't how you guys wait.
    I announced all 9 of my pregnancy on the day I found out.

I couldn't ever wait, its just not in me. We love to celebrate each life as soon as we can. We have lost babies to miscarriage. They were loved and celebrate while they were here and are still loved and talked about by siblings that came after them. One was my dd3 twin.

I have a wonderful support team in my family and friends and I could have never got through those times of deep grief without them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wasn't really that difficult, it did drag on a little bit, but was nice to have a secret with DH that was just ours for a while.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently waiting for the 12 week mark to announce! Going nuts lol only 4 weeks and 5 days to go!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsH88 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Justwant2beamummy, what you said about having people ask about the pregnancy when you may have m/c'ed or are trying to make a decision about termination is exactly why my husband and I don't say anything until we're absolutely sure it's all going well. And I agree, it's nice to have those special moments just between you and your husband/partner when only the two of you know.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kwazii For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I spilled the beans with my inlaws last week as I am so sick and tired all day long, and with two little ones I wanted them to know why I am asking them all the extra little favours. They were extatic for us.
    Also, had to tell boss at work due to occupational hazards and that went well to.

waiting out to share the news with other family and friends..

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my first 3 kids immediate family a few close friends found out early on with dd3 I tried to keep it secret but people and there big mouths :-(
    This pregnancy I got to 8w1d before telling my Sil and her partner only
    Because she told me early about her pregnancy because we were trying to have babies at the same time again haha I'm currently 10w5d and still haven't told anyone else we are waiting till after nt scan not this Friday but next but I may try to drag it out till I'm 16-18 weeks :-)