+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our parents at 6 weeks after our dating scan showed a heartbeat and we are waiting until after our NT scan in 10 days to tell everyone else. It is so hard not to say anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We like to wait and with our son we waited until 26 weeks to tell anyone (except my boss who would have guessed before that due to my size ). We like surprising everyone with my HUGE belly at a couple of well timed family events on both sides of the family. I let slip to my best friend before the 12 week mark but being male, he wasn't interested anyway. I'm horrible at keeping secrets so I told a few strangers which helped my urge to blurt it out. With 5 m/c now I'm glad we don't tell. It's easier for me to break the news gently to those I want to know after the fact than to have them get all weepy on me when I'm trying to grieve. I'm 7w5d now and I'm just trying to get to the 12week mark with the secret. I told my new best friend because I know this time I will need support if I m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I waited until after 12 weeks to tell anyone, even our families. I found that the first time you see your parents, friends etc after finding out is the hardest - if you can get through that without telling them, you'll be right to hold out until whenever you want to tell them. This was my experience anyway! And we don't live close to our family which made it easier to keep it secret

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing everyone. @Jessbaby you are right, after that first time it gets easier. ^
    6w 3d to go until we can share our big news...

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great to hear! It's kind of exciting having a little secret and no one knows - we thought we were hilarious swapping drinks, pretending I was having wine etc....kept us entertained. And I must say now at 31 weeks, those first weeks before everyone knows are so nice and peaceful (if that's the right word!) Enjoy your time with just you and hubby now.....12 weeks will be here before you know it! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to tell only parents at 8 or 9 weeks, but delayed it because that's when I was made redundant and I didn't think they would be able to handle me suddenly being pregnant and unemployed!! We ended up telling them at 12 weeks and didn't tell extended family until we got the all clear from the NT scan at around 16 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually try to wait as long as possible. Mostly because otherwise it takes over the conversation & is such a l-o-n-g wait! I remember being over 20weeks with baby 2 & 3 before even telling family. I've already told a few friends re #4 because we get together every 2nd weekend & always have a few drinks etc so I wanted to let them know why I wasn't keeping up! I haven't told my older kids yet & really don't have a time line. Almost 15 weeks now & see my parents almost weekly & no one has noticed. Hoping I can get to 16-18 weeks before spilling the beans!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

missjrbm  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - I've just recently found out I'm just over 4 weeks as well with my 1st so excited I want to tell my mum so bad but think I'm going to wait another few weeks until I get my dating scan then tell everyone else on the 12 week mark... So hard to keep it from friends experienced my 1st weekend of not feeling well and sipping on lemonade pretending to be wine whilst out sat evening how many excuses can I throw at them for the next 8 weeks major detox maybe lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about 4 we too and struggling to keep my mouth shut lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We wait till 12w. I saw an acquaintance announce on FB yesterday at 5w. I thought this was crazy but I guess she's young and excited