+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waiting to announce pregnancy at 12 weeks

Hi there,
    I m currently 4w1d pregnant with my third child - found out at cd25 and I am extremely excited and can not wait to share the news with family and friends. However, DH wants us to wait until we are 12 weeks before we announce we are expecting again. I am very impatient and usually I tell at least one or two people before 12 week mark, but this time I hope to hold out.
    Does anyone else wait? How do you hold out? Please share your experiences and hopefully together we will make the time pass a little bit quicker....

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried to wait, spoke with our parents first at about 9 weeks. Unfortunately couldn't keep it in ha ha

Everyone i had spoken to suggested to keep it on the down-low until 12 weeks, but i think we are very optimistic and happy.

Obviously it comes down to personal preference but
    Last edited by shaunandheather; 03-08-2014 at 00:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told parents and one close friend before 12 weeks with all of ours- 2 mcs and a 4 week old.
    I'm not at all superstitious but telling people you've lost a pregnancy when you're still shell shocked by the news is hard. I've told my friends once I've dealt with and processed the losses but was very glad I didn't have to do it straight away.
    We told the people we would lean on for support before the 12 weeks. I always felt this was a good idea because you do need some people in the immediate term to turn to.
    Having said all that doom and gloom, I think you share it when you're ready. I like waiting but not everyone does.
    And congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my mum and sisters before 12 was but waited until after we got the Nuchal scan results back for before telling dh's family or friends. We wait to tell Dh family because as soon as mil finds out she tells everyone before we have a chance to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We also told our parents/siblings and one close friend (who had been supporting me through our ivf journey) at about the six week mark. We are waiting until at least 12 weeks before we tell anyone else. I'm seeing a close friend today and I'm so tempted to tell her but hopefully it doesn't come up! I'm such a bad liar so it's hard when people ask outright!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our parents/siblings at 7-8 weeks, close friends and extended family around 10-12 weeks but didn't make it public till just recently at 23 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my sister before 12 weeks with my other two pregnancies because I just had to discuss it with someone I would like to tell my mil this time but will def wait until my first scan which I plan to book for 8 wks. This time I joined bub hub so I can talk pregnancy all day with lovely ladies here. Lol congratulations to all pregnant ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    We told everyone at 8 weeks. We were way too impatient... It really matters what you're comfortable with! Congratulations OP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We tell everyone early as I'm terribly sick with all day morning sickness from day one and it's pretty obvious why I'm sick all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a mc in March at 10 weeks (and because of certain events a lot of people found out about it) so this time we are waiting till confirmation on heart beat (scan at 7 weeks) before telling anyone including parents. Both our families have lots going on at the moment and worse case scenario I don't want to add to that. But that is just how we want to play it.