+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you need a double pram for newborn & 2 1/2 yr old?? Need advice??

Hi all.
    I am due in just over 2 months time with my second child. My son will be almost 2 1/2 then.

I have a bugaboo cameleon that I bought early 2012. I have loved it but want to know do I really need a double pram for the next one?

Do people find it a must or does your 2 1/2 yr old prefer to use a pram board or walk??

I am thinking of getting a baby jogger city select with a second seat ( also borrowing a capsule to use on it too). But keep changing my mind.

Help... I'm so unsure. Any advice appreciated :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have 21 months between my two and I got a BJCS with a second seat, and I just love it! We do a fair bit of walking so it's great to be able to put both boys in and just go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a 3 year age gap and I got the second seat for my bjcs. Here are my reasons:

- so good when you need to whip around the supermarket and grab a few things. You don't have to make sure the bigger kid is there or destroying anything.
    - even better when the big one is sick and you need to go to the doctor. Ours is in the shopping centre so I can put them both in the pram go to the doctor and chemist and not feel like I'm dragging her around.
    - really good when you want to take both for a big walk or for us, go to the city. It's just far too much walking for my girl.

I am sure there are other reasons why I love it but they are the main ones. I just keep everything in the car and snap the second seat and extenders on and off as needed. I don't like the look of the pram with the extenders and no seat so I just adjust the pram as needed. Most of the time these days it stays as a single and my big girl is 4 now. But in the above situations she will happily go in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Bugaboo Donkey and it's the best of both worlds. My DS is 2 and DD 6 months and if I am out with both kids they definitely both go in the pram. Too hard with having the 2yo running free!! And if I am out with just DD then it's used in single mode. Love my pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    My babes are 27 months apart and I got a baby jogger city mini double.

Ds is 4 and we still use it

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, yes you will probably need a
    Double pram. Toddlers love to amp up their toddlerisms when they know their parent isnt 100% capable of making sure they dont do the wrong thing i.e busy with a baby.

My sister went through a stubborn 6 months of either being house bound or needing someone to come with her everywhere she went because she thought magically her toddler would start acting like a well behaving 5 yr old so refused to get a double pram*family feud wrong answer noise*

Now she has one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "MUMMY NOIOOOO CARRY LUCY I GO IN THE PRAM!!!! NO YOU CARRY LUCY I WANT THE PRAM!!!"

Just insert your new baby's name in there

I have a baby jogger city mini double and it's fabulous. They sit next to each other so no arguing over who sits front or back.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. Thanks so much everyone for all your advice. I am definitely getting the baby jogger city with extra seat.

I appreciate the reassurance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in exact same position OP, have a bugaboo cami from 2012 when DD was born who will be 2.5 when this next bub arrives, DD doesn't love the pram much and never sleeps in it, so..

I've bought a "Kid sit" seated buggy board for the back of the bugaboo which I know DD will sit on no probs, she's already happy to sit on her trike and be pushed for long walks without being strapped in or jumping off!

I also love my ergo and either new bub or DD can be popped in that (DD is still under 10kg she's very small) with the other in the bugaboo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im facing the same decision, ds will be 2 when baby arrives. Im now convinced we will need double from reading these posts!