+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MIL and SIL are so selfish!!! Argh

Feeling disappointed and resentful so hoping I can vent my frustrations on this forum instead of my relatives... and possibly starting ww3
    background info: DH has been away for work most of last week and this week, MIL lives 5 minutes away and I have 2 SILs who are late teens.
    Yesterday I had a rough day, DS was feeling sick and he was very clingy and we stayed home, I felt bad for DD but we stayed home all day.
    In the morning I msg MIL telling her DS was sick and she said she was busy and she'd come over in the afternoon, at 2 I msg her asking when she'd pop in, she says she's cooking dinner, at 4 I msg her again and she says she's just started cooking and she can't come. Meanwhile I'm chatting with SILs and they want to come over so I say I'd pick them up, one says she can't come till 5 the other is good to come now at 5 it's cooking dinner so I tell them I can pick them up now or never kind of thing, so I'm loading the kids in the car to pick up my youngest SIL, and I get this msg from her telling me that MIL is screaming at her coz she can't come without her sister and I get a msg from the other SIL saying she can't come because he bf is over but she feels like she misses out on seeing the kids as much as her sister because she's busy and that is unfair... so she doesn't want her sister coming on her own.
    I'm angry that MIL is validating this 18 yr old selfishness, and in the meanwhile leaving me short when I needed help.
    I feel like telling my SIL that her sister: makes time to come see us and that the world does not revolve around you.
    I hate that I feel this way as I should be able to not rely on others but when I think I'll have help and then I don't it throws my whole day, I don't know if I'll ever be able to voice my frustrations to them as I'm positive it will be taken out of context and there'll be drama.
    Vent over, feeling better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx not fair at all. I would be very annoyed too. Hope today is a better day x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My tct
    C f b(.
    I x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm a little confused...

So your MIL won't let the youngest SIL come over because the eldest would rather see her BF and if she can't see the kids neither can her sister!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup... And they're 18 and 17....

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sounds beyond crazy to me. controlling, and plain stupid. Does mil keep a record of what time x or y has with you so the amount has to match at the end of the week or something. ?? surely someone would think just to help you out, and not make such a thing about the time sharing arrangements. I would help if I could. sorry. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    Yup... And they're 18 and 17....
    Maybe talk to MIL really honestly and say that you enjoy seeing SIL's equally but sometimes only one can come and it's not fair on her to be told she can't because the eldest doesn't want to miss out.

DP has two younger brothers and the eldest is always way too busy to hang out with us but the youngest always comes. Because he comes with us he gets things like ice cream and hats and little toys, all of which his brother would get if he also came. The eldest whines every time but MIL always tell him to rack off and he'd get it too if he went shopping with us.

It's hard when MIL is indulging your SILs behaviour.