+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jac7 View Post
    Oh give this couple a break. The interviewer is trying to conner them into admitting that they would of asked for an abortion if it was detected earlier.... Big deal, so would lots of people. Doesn't mean that they definitely without a doubt did not want to bring their son home just because he had a disability. that may of been the case but how do we know. I hate these shows because they don't care if they have all the facts or not, all they care about is getting ratings. And as for his sex offence, I say good on him for not running and hiding and taking the abide other would surely have thrown at him. Most people would run and hide.
    Give them a break? Ummm no.
    If they are the most hated couple in Australia now it's not because the interviewer conned them. Sure she gave them enough rope to tell their side, but they well and truly hung themselves.
    She just had to sit back and say nothing, it was quite amusing to watch actually.

It's not only the fact they admitted they would have terminated a Down syndrome pregnancy if they could have. It's the fact that everything in the interview screamed that despite their crocodile tears they did Abandon their disable son, leaving him in an impoverished country.
    - they acknowledged they didn't ask for help when they thought they had to 'flee' Thailand without Gammy (didn't even tell the Australian embassy their predicament).
    - they claimed they left as their visas were about to expire but admitted to not even trying to extend the visas's and have at least one of them stay behind
    - they admitted they haven't once called Thailand to ask how their son is doing
    - they admitted they haven't done anything yet to get their son back
    - they didn't call their son by his name. Referred to him as 'the boy' for the whole interview.

And as for the child sex offender thing, no I'm not going to high five him for coming forward. Most people generally despise sex offenders. The parents are both idiots for thinking its a good thing to bring a child into this world. I am saving a certain amount of disdain for the wife who should know better but obviously doesn't.

Yup, if people hate them they need to look in the mirror and not at the interviewer.
    Last edited by VicPark; 11-08-2014 at 10:01.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-08-2014),gizmoduckus  (11-08-2014),Jodes35  (11-08-2014),LoCo  (11-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (11-08-2014),Patience Belmont  (11-08-2014),RipperRita  (11-08-2014),singlemumma82  (11-08-2014),Wise Enough  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The one thing I couldn't understand was apparently they sent money to help care for Gammy but couldn't remember how much, around a few thousand dollars. Surely if you sent thousands of dollars overseas you would remember how much it was?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-08-2014),gizmoduckus  (11-08-2014),Jodes35  (11-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (11-08-2014),RipperRita  (11-08-2014),VicPark  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And as for his sex offence, I say good on him for not running and hiding and taking the abide other would surely have thrown at him. Most people would run and hide.
    I think some sex offenders leave town to start afresh, but also so that their victims don't have to face running into them/seeing them around town.

There were at least 4 victims who I imagine were living in Bunbury at the time and I don't think they should have had to move to get away from him.

I interpreted him saying that he decided to stick around and "hold his head high" as showing a lack of consideration towards the people in town that he hurt.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-08-2014),gizmoduckus  (11-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (11-08-2014),RipperRita  (11-08-2014),swizzlestick  (11-08-2014),VicPark  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I know, everyone seems to be reporting it but without understanding that its illegal. They could of done embryo testing though, for abnormalities prior to transfer.
    Yes, I wonder if the couple was given verbal/written confirmation that the embryos would be tested? I imagine he would have asked, given his age and the associated increased risk of Down's syndrome. It sounds like they expected it would be done and that's why they were so surprised, because in their mind it was a completely unexpected diagnosis.

The couple also denied ordering Ms Pattharamon to abort Gammy due to his disability but admitted they were angry to discover he had Down syndrome so late into her pregnancy and asked the agency for a refund.

‘‘(I said) ‘Give us back our money. This is your fault’,’’ Mr Farnell said.

He admitted that had he known about the disability earlier, he would have insisted Ms Pattharamon abort the foetus as no ‘‘parent wants a son with a disability’’.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/gammy...11-102kvm.html
    I hope the media leave them alone now. I find the whole story upsetting and don't really want to hear any more about it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm out. Time for me to get this awful story out of my head.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-08-2014),sky1  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh give this couple a break. The interviewer is trying to conner them into admitting that they would of asked for an abortion if it was detected earlier.... Big deal, so would lots of people. Doesn't mean that they definitely without a doubt did not want to bring their son home just because he had a disability. that may of been the case but how do we know. I hate these shows because they don't care if they have all the facts or not, all they care about is getting ratings. And as for his sex offence, I say good on him for not running and hiding and taking the abide other would surely have thrown at him. Most people would run and hide.
    Sure, we'll just tell all the girls he abused to "give him a break".
    Last edited by Anjalee; 11-08-2014 at 09:08.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

aquarius  (15-08-2014),gizmoduckus  (11-08-2014),Jodes35  (11-08-2014),misskittyfantastico  (11-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I missed the start, did they say they requested the embryos to be tested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They didn't say. They only said that testing was done too late to do anything about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I missed the start, did they say they requested the embryos to be tested?
    I don't recall them talking about embryo testing... but someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

To be honest he actually came across as a bit 'slow'. That's not intended to be offensive to anyone, and certainly not to be a defense of him! But he just seemed like he was really a bit, well, not of average intelligence. So I doubt that he even thought of it... They really didn't seem like they thought anything through at all, just jumped into it blindly without asking questions or thinking about any possible repercussions... which is further evidenced by the fact that they thought they could get away with leaving Gammy behind, and that they thought that going on TV would end up swaying public opinion towards them... It's like they were totally unprepared for the questions they'd be asked and how they'd answer them. Surely if they even had a little bit of smarts about them they would have known what would be asked and thought about how to answer?

Just odd, awful people. Whether they felt they 'had' to leave Gammy behind or not, I just cannot fathom how could leave your own child without a fight, and how you wouldn't do anything in your power to get them back! ...or, you know, at least call the hospital to check that they're still alive!

Sorry, rant over!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (11-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read that the suyog ate mother claims the egg used was not that of the apparent biological mother.

Did anyone else see this?

As for giving the couple a 'break', you have got to be kidding.

Me 👩 36; DF 👨 34
    DS 🐢 07/02/97
    DD 🐝 27/09/99
    DS 🐳 26/04/02
    DD 🐞 06/09/06
    DD 🐣 Due 03/12/14