If they are the most hated couple in Australia now it's not because the interviewer conned them. Sure she gave them enough rope to tell their side, but they well and truly hung themselves.
She just had to sit back and say nothing, it was quite amusing to watch actually.
It's not only the fact they admitted they would have terminated a Down syndrome pregnancy if they could have. It's the fact that everything in the interview screamed that despite their crocodile tears they did Abandon their disable son, leaving him in an impoverished country.
- they acknowledged they didn't ask for help when they thought they had to 'flee' Thailand without Gammy (didn't even tell the Australian embassy their predicament).
- they claimed they left as their visas were about to expire but admitted to not even trying to extend the visas's and have at least one of them stay behind
- they admitted they haven't once called Thailand to ask how their son is doing
- they admitted they haven't done anything yet to get their son back
- they didn't call their son by his name. Referred to him as 'the boy' for the whole interview.
And as for the child sex offender thing, no I'm not going to high five him for coming forward. Most people generally despise sex offenders. The parents are both idiots for thinking its a good thing to bring a child into this world. I am saving a certain amount of disdain for the wife who should know better but obviously doesn't.
Yup, if people hate them they need to look in the mirror and not at the interviewer.