+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Ok so a factual update.

Its illegal to terminate a twin in Thailand unless the mothers life is at great risk. The surrogate didnt choose to keep the baby he is legally hers. The WA couple knew all this and that Gammy was born, they refused to hold him post delivery and left some clothes for him when they took his sister.
    That is truly, truly atrocious. Where did you read that? Heartbreaking. :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter what happened good on people for coming together & donating to a innocent little boy who needs treatment !

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild_flower For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (05-08-2014),Wise Enough  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Ok so a factual update.

Its illegal to terminate a twin in Thailand unless the mothers life is at great risk. The surrogate didnt choose to keep the baby he is legally hers. The WA couple knew all this and that Gammy was born, they refused to hold him post delivery and left some clothes for him when they took his sister.
    A factual update without one shred of proof... Hmm

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

GM01  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just reading this - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-0...-gammy/5644850

"Impoverished mother Pattaramon Chanbua told the ABC she gave birth to twins after agreeing to be a surrogate for the West Australian couple with a promised payment of about $16,000.

She claims the couple, who have not been identified, rejected Gammy and returned to Australia with his healthy sister.

But the baby girl's Australian father says the clinic's doctor only told them about the girl.

He has told the ABC they had a lot of trouble with the surrogacy agency and had been told it no longer existed.

Ms Chanbua said her doctors, the surrogacy agency and the baby's parents knew he was disabled at four months, but did not inform her until the seventh month when the agency asked her - at the parents' request - to abort the disabled foetus.

She told the ABC she refused the couple's request to terminate the pregnancy because in Thai culture it was considered sinful, but she could not afford Gammy's medical treatment."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder if it's the surrogates conceived naturally with her own egg. I disagree with a PP, I think the baby looks very Asian. However maybe the IPs were Asian.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I wonder if it's the surrogates conceived naturally with her own egg. I disagree with a PP, I think the baby looks very Asian. However maybe the IPs were Asian.
    I just saw him on the news and I agree with you, he does look very Asian and also very gorgeous. I just want to smother him with kisses and cuddles ....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little bub. I hope whatever happened or does happen it's in his best interest. As for looking asian it may be the Down syndrome, which in general gives a wider nose and the asian looking eyes, plus his other issues.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Thistime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lawyer for the West Australian biological parents of Gammy, the infant with Down syndrome born to a surrogate mother and abandoned in Thailand, is expected to make an announcement on behalf of the parents.

Media is building at a house in South Bunbury in Western Australia's South West which is believed to be the home of the biological parents of baby Gammy.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ba...04-100cm3.html

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    A factual update without one shred of proof... Hmm
    I'm a surrogate and this update came from Surrogacy Australia. Not sure what you mean by proof, thailand law regarding reproduction isnt really a secret and neither is their laws regarding parentage of babies born to surrogacy (the same law applies here btw). As for the later part of my post I'm gathering they have had contact with the surrogate or the intended parents.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone can say they know xyz that doesn't make it fact in my opinion