+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Legally the child is the birth mothers until the biological parents apply for adoption in Thailand, so I don't think they would be able to charge them with anything.

Still thing there's a lot more to the story - whether it be that the agency lied to the biological parents and told them the second twin was terminated so as to their knowledge there was only one live birth or that the whole thing is a scam.
    Shame, it is unthinkable that someone could do that without any consequences.

I guess to me it does not matter how it happened, the baby arrived and it is not his fault.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yes, but nobody who has done overseas commercial surrogacy in those states has ever been charged with anything.
    Yet. It will probably change now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It really isn't clear and things are missing with this story.
    I am all for surrogacy, if it's done legally and safe.
    I was very interested to watch the documentary on abc2 about Indian surrogacy. They have a good system going at this clinic. I recommend to watch it if you want more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadn't even considered this being a scam. I really hope it is actually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just heard on the news that according to the surrogate the 'parents' said they were too old to take Gammy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation...803-zzy5z.html

It is conflicting reporting. First reports all said surrogate never met the parents. Now surrogate saw the father interact with the daughter. I don't know what is going on but we certainly don't have all the facts. I hope they do sort this out, all too confusing right now. Seems like the media are just running with a very emotive story. Makes me feel for those trying the surrogate route. Although it is good to discuss what can happen.

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm disturbed by the whole story but more disturbed by the double standards at play here.

The public is up in arms at the abandonment of Gammy, and yet Australia has one of the highest termination rates in the world following prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to finallyready For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by finallyready View Post
    I'm disturbed by the whole story but more disturbed by the double standards at play here.

The public is up in arms at the abandonment of Gammy, and yet Australia has one of the highest termination rates in the world following prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome...
    I'm not for termination unless in dire medical circumstances, so no double standards here. I think this case is *slightly* different as a living baby was actually birthed and then abandoned.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The couple are denying their surrogate daughter has a twin brother.

I really hope the truth comes out soon. So much conflicting information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by finallyready View Post

Terminating a pregnancy for medical reasons (or for any reason), is not the same thing as abandoning a living baby.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (04-08-2014),DailyDiversion  (04-08-2014)