Closed Thread
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default How is there not a Harry Potter discussion thread???

For shame, Bub Hubbians, for shame! I'm re-listening to the audiobooks as ready by Stephen Fry. I listen/read this series probably once or twice a year and will sometimes do a Potter movie marathon (maybe once a year). Anyone else?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2014),FrothyFrog  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read them for a while now. I just may be due for another round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't retread them now I've discovered fan-fiction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love them. I had a major Harry potter marathon earlier in the year. I read all the books again then watched all the movies. It's amazing how much more you pick up when you read them again. I've also got the audiobooks which I listened to the end of last year. I was tempted to listen to them a month or so back when I was catching lots of flights, but I didn't think it was worth it as my concentration wasn't high at the time. Might have to whip them out again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    It can take me months to get through the audiobooks these days because I only listen to them in the car. I used to listen on my phone on the way to and from work and when I was doing my work as well. I kind of miss those days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    What did everyone think of JK saying that Harry and Hermione should've gotten together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because I have them in my phone and play them through iTunes I have to make the commitment to listen to nothing else until I'm done. It's kind of a pain, but I get into a bit of a groove. Stephen Fry has the perfect voice for then for sure. It's very calming and relaxing.

As for Harry and Hermione I can kind of see it, especially after the Deathly Hallows, but at the same time I'm glad Harry and Ginny ended up together. I don't think Harry and Hermione would have worked long term. Maybe as a fling while on the hunt for the horcruxes. Who knows what happened in that tent at night after Ron left...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    What did everyone think of JK saying that Harry and Hermione should've gotten together?
    I would have liked it both ways. If she had been writing it that way from the start the chemistry would have been there and I wouldn't have minded. If she just went with how it was already written and then at the end just put them together I don't think I would have liked it as much.

Harry and Ginny as a couple - a bit weird. But I must admit that's because the relationship was tainted by the terrible chemistry between the actors in the movies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Speaking of Harry Potter, has anyone else seen the pjs at Peter Alexander? If I was pg already I would have so bought a pair of the baby pjs. They are so cute. As it was I bought myself some HP owl pants lol. DH was set to buy some, but only if the bottoms had "wingardium leviosa" on them lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @theoneandonlyem, I use an app on my phone called Bookmark. Basically you can save where you are in an audiobook and go back to it!

OMG! There are HP pjs???