+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went in April/May when we got married. Find a light dress. I wore a big bulky style dress and sweated a little under it lol We were married in 2010. I'll see if I can PM some pics to u
    Last edited by LysnDan; 02-08-2014 at 21:11.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

twolittlemunchkins  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (04-09-2014),twolittlemunchkins  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow LysnDan that is gorgeous! Exactly what I'm after
    I'm planning a light airy flowy dress so will make sure it's suitable for Bali weather. I might make it right at the end of April school holidays. Would have to check with who I am inviting though, a lot of my friends and family have kids either in ore primary or grade 1 so will have to see if they mind their kids missing a few days of school at the start of the term. I'm guessing Bali wouldn't be so busy then if everyone has gone back to school and flights might be slightly cheaper?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I think I've found my venue. Laguna Resort and Spa in Nusa Dua. It's slightly over our budget but so gorgeous that I don't care going for the Temple Gardens for ceremony and Arwana Beachfront for reception. Getting excited!

Has anyone been there before and can give me some feedback? Also I got in contact with Bali Weddings International and they are so helpful which is making things easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haven't been to that resort in particular but Nusa Dua is beautiful. All the hotels back onto the beach and the area is great for families. We stayed there a few weeks ago and compared to staying in the hustle and bustle of Kuta, Legian and Seminyak it is a nice change. I think it is a great choice for a wedding. Hope you get some feedback about the resort, best of luck x
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 08-08-2014 at 21:20.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

twolittlemunchkins  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Hi,

So I'm starting to plan a wedding (yay!) and df suggested looking into a Bali wedding.

Does anyone have any pros/cons or suggestions about having a wedding in bali? I'm looking at having maybe 20 people come over for it and wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start. Any help would be great

Tia!
    Hi Tia!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Bali is a really beautiful place ; )

One of the pros about celebrating your wedding is that there are so many lovely wedding venues in Bali - you can hold your wedding in one of the private villas by the beach or cliff tops, in hotels and resorts, as well as in wedding chapels.

The kinds of venues that are suitable for your wedding also depends on other factors, such as your estimated budget, if you are planning to hire a wedding planner, as well as whether you want your wedding ceremony to be a religious one.

The private villas in Bali are great for smaller-scale weddings (less than 25 guests). You can conveniently hold your ceremony, reception dinner and party all in one venue, and you are guaranteed a high level of privacy and intimacy for your celebration.

I hope this helps!

Lin,
    Wedding-Bali.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all. Just wanted to revive this thread and see if any one has any more suggestions. I found a gorgeous resort in Nusa Dua and was pretty sure I would book my wedding there. I was emailing the resort back and forth, they were so helpful and would reply within about 24 hours. But they have not replied to my last 3 emails over the last 3 weeks. That makes me nervous and not keen to book there anymore so I am once again on the lookout for a resort.

I'm not so keen on a beach wedding. I would prefer a tropical or garden ceremony, then maybe a beach front reception. I don't want it indoors at all. I have heard Nusa Dua is nicer and less busy than Legian? I have looked into what it takes to be legally married in Bali and it seems pretty easy, but we are open to the option of legally getting married here in Aus, not a proper ceremony, just us and witness', then having the ceremony in Bali.

Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks