+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I know you've decided to go ahead but I'll tell you my experience anyway! In March 2012 I had a miscarriage at 9.5 weeks pregnant. In May 2013 I was in Malaysia on business when I fell sick with appendicitis. While I was in the operating room, they found undiagnosed endometriosis that was so bad that my ovary was stuck to my rectum! They removed the endometriosis and I returned home. I fell pregnant on my first cycle back in Perth.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (24-08-2014),Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @Goblin Queen Great to hear!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uodate

Hi Willow - any update for someone going through a similar experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @rmc
    Sorry you are going through a similar experience.
    After deciding to go ahead with the lap I found out that the second round of clomid I was on had been successful! I am pregnant and due in a week and half with our little bubba 😊
    So I'm probably not much help for you because I still don't know why we had trouble conceiving. For the record I would have had the lap the following month if I hadn't fallen pregnant. All the very best to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too would definitely have the surgery. At least you can then tick it off your list of possible reasons for infertility if there was no Endo present.
    I'm glad i had both my laparoscopies. I never felt pain but endo was extensive and a huge reason for my infertility. Good luck and remember - you are definitely not alone!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayne For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I had a laporoscopy & I never ever thought I had endo. I had so many scans previously done & thought my pcos was behind not being able to conceive as I never really had the signs of endo. We only did the procedure before going onto IVF because I didn't want to outlay money for IVF & then find out it wouldn't have worked anyway.

The did the lap & I had really bad endo removed, cysts (that never showed up on scans) as well as my ovary being stuck to side. I was told wíthout the lap I never would have conceived & IVF certainly wouldn't have worked for us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone else have an update?
    I have just had my second lap, very extensive and cut out a lot of endo, recovering at home.
    Looking for more conception after lap success stories even though my age is a huge factor too. Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have no conception story for you. I too am waiting for a BFP after my lap and extensive endo removal. Since the lap I had one full cycle which failed. And currently I am starting on a FET cycle. Will update if there is any positive news this time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayne For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (16-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Booked in next month...

Hi,
    We have unexplained fertility and been ttc for a few years now. Ive had 2 rounds of ivf where our embryos just havent stuck.
    There is no guarantee with a lap BUT I just couldnt put myself and dh through another round without ruling out endometriosis and whether its 'me' or my uterus playing up and sacrificing us falling pregnant.
    I have had pain during sex on and off, painful right side, I have a fibroid also. Diahhrea when I get af.
    Ive been struggling with ibs my whole life but have thought its just that. Bad back pain that a chiro, massage or physio just cant cure...
    Im so scared now.. although I was so sure that seeing a gyno (not a fs) would give me some answers and reassurance and I feel like I owe it to try the lap operation.

My hubby is not really happy about the lap because its not a definite diagnosis to go though with it.

What do you think ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Fruitypie, definitely see a gynaecologist who takes an interest in endometriosis and have the lap done. I just got my operation report from the lap. It said 'severe' endometriosis was cut out from basically everywhere. Which means to me I have done 5 rounds of ivf that were always doomed for failure. I'm having a difficult recovery because the op was so extensive but I hope in the end to live pain free. Fertility is probably not going to benefit because of my age although Dr has told me to try naturally for a couple of months and it 'may' happen.
    This was my second lap, first time before my ivf I chose the wrong surgeon and she did not get it all out! So do your research and make sure the surgeon is good at cutting out endo!
    Last edited by Skyler; 21-07-2015 at 21:49.