+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the majority & have the op.

I was similar to you in that they thought I had PCOS, I had very mild symptoms of it but I also had symptoms of endo. I had the lap & they found very mild endo which was removed. This was back in 2004. We'd been trying since 2002. Fast forward to 2011 & I STILL wasn't pregnant but had had 2 miscarriages.

I insisted on another lap because I felt something wasn't right & had a questionable 3d scan on my uterus which was showing it may have been t-shaped. They had to do the lap to get a better look at my uterus. After surgery my fs said that my uterus was fine but I was riddled with endo. He wasn't even confident he had removed it all. 2 months later I was pregnant after almost 10 years of trying & this baby stuck. I was naughty though & knew about the window of fertility after a lap, like @KatiesMum mentioned, so I took some remaining tamoxifen (similar to clomid) so can't say it happened completely 'naturally'.

TTC 10 years & finally got our miracle bub............finally!!!!

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, forgot to add that with my first lap I had the classic endo symptoms - severe pain, heavy period etc & only had it mildly. With my second I had no symptoms whatsoever & that's when they found I had it quite bad. You can't go by symptoms only by getting in there & looking.

TTC 10 years & finally got our miracle bub............finally!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a lap at the start of the year. We are doing IVF primarily because of MFI but our FS suggested I get the lap/dye test done before we start to check my tubes and also my cervix as I've had two previous cervical surgeries. I wasn't expecting them to find anything else as my periods are very light and I don't really get any pain so I was very surprised when I woke up and found four incisions on my stomach (if there's no endo they only do two). Turns out I had mild endo plus one of my tubes was blocked and all stuck to my bowel. So I'm glad I had it done just to find that out however given that we had to do ivf anyway I'm not entirely sure it was really needed and whether it will really make a difference. Plus now I've got scars over my stomach and I hate them. I'm also not pregnant yet but I've only done one ivf cycle since my lap so can't really draw any conclusions from that.

Having said all that though if I was back at the start of fertility treatment again I would probably still make the same choice and get the surgery. Better to know right at the start if there's anything else there that might make an already crappy, difficult path more difficult!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @babydust27 I hope your recovery goes well and you have success soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the advice @ScubaGal

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willow13 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @besha Best of luck with IVF!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Willow13 For This Useful Post:

besha  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I should let you know that I have decided I will go ahead with the lap. This is largely based on your advice and information, so thank you all so much.

I'm currently on my 2nd cycle of clomid and go back to see my FS next week for my scan and blood tests. I will tell him then that I will go ahead with the lap and hopefully I'll be able to book in for the next month or so.

Thanks again ❤️

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willow13 For This Useful Post:

babydust27  (22-08-2014),ScubaGal  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck, let us know how you go with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow13 View Post
    I thought I should let you know that I have decided I will go ahead with the lap. This is largely based on your advice and information, so thank you all so much.

I'm currently on my 2nd cycle of clomid and go back to see my FS next week for my scan and blood tests. I will tell him then that I will go ahead with the lap and hopefully I'll be able to book in for the next month or so.

Thanks again ❤️
    Good luck with it. Let us know how you go. It can be a bit emotional like any fertility procedure you might feel some sadness about what is happening to you so expect a little of that and maybe make sure you've got someone you can tell how you are feeling.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah i fully relate to what ScubaGal is saying....i had my fair share of crying yesterday.
    It can be quite emotional.

Good luck!!!