+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I often make a huge batch of soup (leek and potato, roast pumpkin or sweet corn and chicken) freeze on individual lunch size portions and I eat those for lunch.
    If not toasted sandwich.
    Sometimes I just can't be bothered. :/ I find lunch hard too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep lunch is mostly boring here too. Will usually have a ham and cheese toasty or just a vegemte sandwich. Sometimes will have party pies / sausage rolls. Although today I have planned ahead and we are having egg and mayo sandwiches. Yum.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today I'm having a roast lamb wrap using left overs we had in the fridge. Often I will make poached eggs on toast or a salad roll or veg sticks/biscuits with dip. I also make fruit smoothies during the day, these are quite filling. If I'm pressed for time I will just pick at things.

eta: oh yes and soup! I have soup a lot, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just baked a cake and licked the bowl *sigh* now I'm not very hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm studying at home at the moment and for lunch I usually mix it up between

Crackers/cruskits with toppings -cottage cheese (flavoured is nice eg gherkin), avocado, tuna, smoked salmon (when not preg) or canned salmon, tomato, tasty cheese etc. Lots of combos you can have or have it with some dip to mix it up a bit.
    Soups - I will make a soup on a Sunday and then have it for the start of the week
    Fresh sandwich - I hate plain sandwiches but if you can make them fresh (salad, curried egg etc) they are always way better.
    Eggs on toast
    Platter of stuff (tomato, cheese, a few crackers, some pickles, dip, cucumber to munch on - pretty much bits and bobs I find in the fridge).
    Plain yoghurt and fruit if I am not that hungry.

I will always try to have some kind of protein for lunch otherwise I get hungry quickly and eat rubbish in the afternoons!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After most dinners I usually freeze a few small containers of leftovers that I either eat at home or take to work (I work 2 days per week). I also freeze a heap of small portions of cooked rice and have one portion with a can of flavoured tuna.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually toast or a cheese sandwich, not much help sorry OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lost 20kg (20.2kg actually but who's counting LOL) and one of the major changes I made was lunch. I now cook myself a protein food like a nice steak, chicken breast as a 'main' and have a bowl of homemade soup as well or a side of vegetables. I wait until my baby goes to bed at 12.30/1 and cook eat then rather than running around doing jobs like a headless chook and eating crap like I used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bit different in that I don't have 'lunch' per as. I prioritise a good brekkie and dinner. Then I have a few snacks throughout the day - handful of almonds/walnuts, half a banana with some plain Greek yogurt, a cup of tea, a slice of cake/muffin that I've baked (or indeed licking the batter after making a cake...). I find that way it controls any hunger I have, and I kinda enjoy dinner and brekkie more that way?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Salad with tuna or egg, sometimes on a sandwich sometimes with crackers. Toasted sandwich or soup. Leftovers.