+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    A few girls in my DIG were teachers and they were told that it's only the work time that counts. Personally I would get the letter but put the claim in to have the PPL paid through your work. Alternatively, could you work a day in October? That'll be the 10 months then, also isn't it 330 hours or am I remembering incorrectly?
    So did any of them not work for a period and still get their PPL?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm fairly certain they did but I'll post this link in my DIG and see if I can get some of them to come and post here. If I recall a couple of them might've been casuals as well.

The paid maternity leave you're talking about, is that paid by the government? If so, that time counts too as "work time".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I mean, is a paid leave from your work? Not the PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would begin the application process and see if there is an area to attach a letter. I would carefully word the letter so it reflects the information but also clearly highlights why you think you qualify. If it gets declined, escalate it. Are you sure you didn't attend work for any planning meetings or anything like that? What about planning work from home? I mean during those two weeks. If you did, perhaps you can highlight this in a work from home diary outlining the days and hours you worked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    I mean, is a paid leave from your work? Not the PPL.
    It's paid by the department of education. I'm still a full time permanent employee with right of return to my position and as I've fallen pregnant on unpaid mat leave I'm entitled to take mat leave again (a perk for which I am grateful and a reason why I won't be too upset if I don't get PPL but it would be nice to get still!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default PPL Question.

That makes a huge difference, the girls can correct me if I'm wrong but that paid mat leave counts as working days so I think you'll easily qualify then. When are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah but issue is she had 10 week gap early on. Leave is counted as working but mat leave is after birth and ppl is for time before

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mat leave will start 9 weeks before due date and will give me 315 hours. I will have worked the extra 15 by the time I go on leave and have worked 11 of the 13 months prior to birth. Again, only issue is the gap. If they don't count the school holidays it should be ok but that's what the advisors at centrelink can't tell me. They just read of the website and go "10 week gap, you don't qualify"