+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSci View Post
    Hi ladies, I've been reading along for august and now into September and decided it was time for me to start joining in on the conversation.
    I have been tracking for 3 cycles now, and we are in our 4th cycle of TTC # 3.
    I got utd so easily with the first 2 that I didn't think it would be so hard this time, but every month I'm dissapointed. I've unfortunately got a very short lp so have started vitex this cycle. It helped to bring O forward, so hoping it extends lp too. @brookeallisa - I have been temping for 3 cycles now, and also with the previous bubs, what did you want to know specifically? you can check out my chart in my sig.
    If I have my usual 8 day lp I don't think I will be utd this cycle, but I will test anyway . Testing on Father's Day.
    @MadSci I was wondering how easy it is to tell your o. I have read the instructions and it seems to say the temp drops are quite small. Have you ever had any trouble noticing when your o day is upon you? Also, do you have any other tips? Im feeling a little out of my league with this gadget...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeallisa View Post
    @MadSci I was wondering how easy it is to tell your o. I have read the instructions and it seems to say the temp drops are quite small. Have you ever had any trouble noticing when your o day is upon you? Also, do you have any other tips? Im feeling a little out of my league with this gadget...
    Yay someone else ttc #3

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @brookeallisa I used an app called fertility friend to help me track o. It has a chart you type everything into. Helped me work out my cycles quickly

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

MadSci  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moose81 View Post
    Swapping over from August.. Can you add me to test on 28th please @CluckyDuck
    Sorry to see you here @moose81. 😢 But goodluck for Sept!

Feeling like a bit of a pincushion this week. Cos the FS want to track my cycle this month I've had 8 vials of blood done yesterday, FMU sample this morning & more bloods due next Monday. Gotta book in a pelvic ultrasound too. Sheesh! For someone who has nothing wrong with them, they're testing the heck outta me! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    @EnPointe so not far off testing then!
    I've decided to give my body 12 hours to show more AF signs then I am going to buy a FRER. I am now 93% sure it will be a BFN, but at least I will know. I hate that I am clinging on to that 7% chance, it's driving me bonkers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urgh! Fertility friend hasn't been able to pin point ovulation. I am seriously all over the shop! That miscarriage really must have messed me up!
    Saliva ferning test positive on cd16, negative pregnancy tests cd 26 & 33. I'm currently cd37 and think af is due tomorrow but who knows!
    I haven't been consistent with temping at all so that has been a pointless exercise 😥 I'm so broken 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats @SkyeLeigh

AFM I should never have gone and bought a box of FRER! I've used up all 3 already, and AF isn't due until Monday! of course they were bfns lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeallisa View Post
    I just bought a basal thermometer, do any of you girls use one? Is it simple enough to work out?
    I temp, and I use Fertility Friend to confirm Ovulation. Just bear in mind, FF will only tell you when your ovulation day, AFTER it detects 3 temp rises in a row above what it deems to be your base line temp. Your baseline is not shown on the chart until after ovulation is shown, so its not really effective in predicting the best time to be getting jiggy, until you have done a few cycles, and can start to see a pattern emerging. I have found it very helpful in determining what my body is doing though, as I have only just come off the pill a few months back after being on it for 16yrs straight.

I have also been using OPK's when I have EWCM just to confirm I am reading my body correctly to determine my O day, which so far I have so I may not bother continuing with them once my sticks are all used up.

The biggest thing with temping is to make sure you take it before you move, talk anything when you wake up, and its most effective to track when its taken at roughly the same time each day and after at least 3 hours of unbroken sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by MadSci View Post
    Hi ladies, I've been reading along for august and now into September and decided it was time for me to start joining in on the conversation.
    I have been tracking for 3 cycles now, and we are in our 4th cycle of TTC # 3.
    I got utd so easily with the first 2 that I didn't think it would be so hard this time, but every month I'm dissapointed. I've unfortunately got a very short lp so have started vitex this cycle. It helped to bring O forward, so hoping it extends lp too. @brookeallisa - I have been temping for 3 cycles now, and also with the previous bubs, what did you want to know specifically? you can check out my chart in my sig.
    If I have my usual 8 day lp I don't think I will be utd this cycle, but I will test anyway . Testing on Father's Day.
    I have just started vitex too, so will be interested to see if it brings my O day forward from around CD22/CD23. My average cycles are still about the same length I remember them being before I started the pill, but my LP is quite short so if I can bring O forward without extending the cycle time that would be good!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MayGal959 For This Useful Post:

MadSci  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnPointe View Post
    I've decided to give my body 12 hours to show more AF signs then I am going to buy a FRER. I am now 93% sure it will be a BFN, but at least I will know. I hate that I am clinging on to that 7% chance, it's driving me bonkers.
    Fingers and toes crossed for you - I know how it feels to cling onto that little bit of hope 😁 but you know what they say - it ain't over til the fat lady sings! 😋

The pic of the bedside table drawer made me lol as mine is very similar but not as tidy ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409833067.924440.jpg

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mahalia27 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (04-09-2014),EnPointe  (04-09-2014),LeonieJane  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly what MayGal959 said!! Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I also use fertility friend and use opks when I have ewcm.
    Not everyone gets the temp dip on the day of ovulation. I did this cycle, but can't remember the last time I did. It is very good for tracking over a few months if you have regular cycles and o days. It's also good to know that you have actually o'd and it wasn't all in your head . I'm using it to check my lp length.
    I like bbt tracking because it makes me feel like I'm doing something while waiting.
    AFM: I'm symptom spotting at the moment. Tingly nips anyone?

P.S. Hi LeonieJane.
    Last edited by MadSci; 04-09-2014 at 23:04.