+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2.20pm school finishes. Go home, get out of school uniform, get ds a bowl of fruit, make a smoothie, kids play outside waiting for dad to come home. Dh will usually kick the footy or do some activity or we will go for a swim in the pool. 5pm kids come inside to watch a bit of tv or ds will play on his iPad til dinner. Dinner at 6pm then bath, read a book and do prayers and bed at 7pm.

sports 2 days a week after school.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing.
    Can someone please bump this Thread in February next year

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My big two are in year three and year one and our routine is vaguely

4/4.30pm (depending on pick up or bus home) get home quick snack and outside to play.

5pm homework

5.30pm dinner

6pm bath/shower time

6.30pm TV/iPad

7pm daily reading and story for year one and story and bed for 2.5 year old. Year three goes to bedroom to finish any other homework or to read in bed.

7.30 lights out for year one

8pm lights out for year three

Wed, Thurs, Fri we don't get home until 5/5.30 so it's straight into homework and dinner

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a year three, a year one, and one at pre-school.

I find having a set routine hard...between after school activities that don't get us home until after 6pm, and play dates after school that might not leave here until 5.30-5.45.
    I had to re-adjust my expectations for after school.
    So for us it goes roughly like this on a day we don't have an after school activity.
    3.15 - home from school. Kids unpack their bags, wash their hands, and have something to eat.
    3.40pm free play. They can do whatever they want but it doesn't involve tv unless it's been raining for a few days and they're starting to go a bit stir crazy being stuck indoors.
    5pm clean up their toys and get ready for a shower.
    5.30pm - do any homework that needs to be done why I cook dinner and make lunches for the next day.
    6pm-6.30pm - dinner.
    7-7.30pm - brush teeth, go to the toilet and read a story before bed.
    After they're in bed I clean up the kitchen. If hubby is home one of us cleans up the kitchen while the other assists with teeth, toilet and reads stories.

My year 3 child can read in bed until 8pm, my year 1 child until 7.30pm (so some night she misses out), and my pre-schooler is straight to bed.

I do showers before dinner because my youngest can really drag his dinner out and at least if he's already showered it's only dinner, teeth and toilet we need to get to. It's just way too difficult otherwise. He can drag eating dinner out for an hour.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are 10 and 6yo.
    (We're 100m from school, so no travel time is required, which is why they have a later bedtime, they can rise later)

3.15 home
    3.15-5.30ish they can do whatever (including homework) but no 'gaming' - its only allowed Friday arvo - through to sunday.

Dinner is always somewhere between 5.30-6 ish - a bit more free time between dinner and bath - which is finished by 7.30, bed is 8 ish for the 6yo and 8.30 for the 10yo, with a 15min reading time, in bed, added on.
    The only time it varies is the odd Wednesday if the 10yo races BMX, but that's not every week.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've got 3 kids (aged 6, 4, 19 months) but only 1 in school. I work 3 days. On the days I work, I usually get home at 4:30. The kids play out the back while I cook. Eat dinner at 5. Then we play, do homework, etc. 5:30 we go upstairs for baths. DD1 (6) and DD2 (19 months) bath and DS (4) plays iPad/iPod. DD1 & DD2 get out of bath and get dressed and I read a book with the girls and then DD1 does her home reader. DS gets out of bath and we usually all jump on his bed and read 2 books. 6:30 DD2 goes to bed and DD1 & DS have quiet time in their beds reading a book on their own. DD1 & DS have lights out at 6:45. DD1 does reading eggs until 7pm on iPad/iPod.

On the days I don't work, the routine above is the same, except we go to a playground or park with friends and then head home about 4. On Fridays, DD1 does girl guides until 6:30 so the routine is a bit different but I don't mind a slightly later night on weekends.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Though I'm a homeschooling mom, I try to stick to a proper school type of schedule for my kids. We begin our classes around 9:30 am in the morning after breakfast, according to the set schedule for the week. And we're done with our classes by 2:30 pm. After that it's lunch time and then time for a short afternoon siesta. Once they wake up all fresh and after a glass of milk, it's play-time with the kids in the neighborhood for, say an hour. And then back home, a little TV time or video games (limited though). And before bed, I read out a story to them - this has become a sort of ritual which we don't miss at any cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two in school, 3 next year. Get home around 3:45, they have something to eat and play til dinner. Homework and readers done after dinner, the pjs or showers, baby in bed by 7:30, 5 year old in bed by 8 and 7 and 10 year old in bed by 8:30 ( though a lot of the time my girls don't actuslly get to sleep to 9 or even 10)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It depends on if I do a morning or afternoon shift. If I do a morning I am home by 345. Ds is home although sometimes he goes to a friends house after school or goes to the park. He has to be home by dark though. I get tea ready usually by 530 or 6, we eat and then I clean up. Ds has his shower in the morning and he does homework then too so he usually goes on his iPad until bed at 9 pm.

If I do an afternoon he comes home and usually will bring friends with him, they have to go before it gets dark though. He eats tea which I've pre prepared and I get home at 930 pm and then straight to bed. He's 13 though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Monday nights suck. My partner gets kids from oshc at 4pm when he gets home from work. He put a pre prepared dinner in the oven. I get home at 5.30 while everyone is eating. At 6.30 pm I take my kids to scouts where I am a leader. Home at 9pm. Into bed for kids. I walk the dog for half an hour. Get home, make lunches for tuesday, get ready for bed and study for 2 hours.

Working is hard but a necessary evil to give my kids food