+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default How would you interpret this cc policy?

So, DS had a charming poo/spew bug overnight and this morning, so obviously he couldn't go to childcare. He had well and truly recovered by this afternoon and was able to keep food down etc. Just reading the childcare handbook, it says he needs to be excluded until 24 hours after the return of his 'normal bowel motion'.

I'll keep him home tomorrow just to be safe, but I was wondering, do you think it would be enough for it just to be over 24 hours since his last diarrhoea poo? What if he doesn't even do a poo for a couple of days? Surely that's enough proof of recovery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd say if he hasn't had diarrhoea or vomiting since this morning then he should be right to go to childcare on Friday. That's 48 hours since he had his last display of symptoms. 24 hours since the return of a normal bowel motion as you said is tricky because what if he doesn't poo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    K. Thanks. That's what I thought would be fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    When I had a vomiting bug (gastro) my doc said I had to stay away from work for 48 hours since my last vomit.

So perhaps the policy is 24 hours since the last diarreah poo but the policy is just poorly written...?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know it's not the same thing, but my work has a policy where you have to stay away for 48hrs after the last bout of diarrhoea, as the bug is still active in your gut. As kids tend to be great sharers of all things bug like, I would be inclined to keep him home until it's been at least 24hrs since the last diarrhoea poo/vomit. Even if he's doing better he can still spread the bug to others at CC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    When I had a vomiting bug (gastro) my doc said I had to stay away from work for 48 hours since my last vomit.

So perhaps the policy is 24 hours since the last diarreah poo but the policy is just poorly written...?
    It definitely says 24 hours after normal movement, but I agree it doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I know it's not the same thing, but my work has a policy where you have to stay away for 48hrs after the last bout of diarrhoea, as the bug is still active in your gut. As kids tend to be great sharers of all things bug like, I would be inclined to keep him home until it's been at least 24hrs since the last diarrhoea poo/vomit. Even if he's doing better he can still spread the bug to others at CC.
    I agree, that's what I'm worried about is spreading it. But if I send him on Friday it will be 48 hours since the last diarrhoea (presuming it's passed), so that should be safe for others shouldn't it? Regardless of whether he's done a poo or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. I would keep him home tomorrow but send him Friday if no more vomiting or diarrhoea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's your little guy today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Round two started at 11.45 last night :-/ so, moot thread really :-) he's had a four hour nap today and is hopefully on the mend though. Thanks for asking :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Poor boy (and poor mum), hopefully that's the end of it.