+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Soup diet

I've been contemplating starting a support thread all week, but kept changing my mind as I know it's not a particularly popular way to drop the kg's, but I'm doing it. Starting Friday.
    I've done it before so I know the deal. I've also lost weight the "proper" way, so I know all about achieving long term success with a balanced diet and exercise.
    But, I feel so blergh right now and desperately want at least 5kg gone asap. I feel sluggish, bloated and uncomfortable in my clothes. I put on most of my weight in my tummy region, which makes me feel crap.
    Anyway, if anyone is interested in joining me, feel free to post here
    It's not easy, but it's only for 7 days....

Some info: http://naughtybutnice.hubpages.com/h...t-going-insane

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i am interested in it! how does it work? what kind of soup?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    i am interested in it! how does it work? what kind of soup?
    It's basically a cabbage and tomato based soup. There are a few different recipes floating around, but I make it using cabbage, tins of crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock, mushrooms, celery, onions, capsicum and carrot.
    Are you able to click the link I posted? It has the daily menu that you must follow which gradually changes over 7 days.
    In the past I've lost between 3 and 5 kilos in a week doing it.
    You can google "kickstart soup diet" or "cabbage soup diet" to find out more.
    I'll write a post tomorrow detailing what we need to do/eat for each day for those unable to click the link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't end up doing this diet when I started this thread, but have started it today.
    Thought I'd journal down the days...

Day 1: Soup and Fruit

For breakfast I made myself a bowl of fruit salad with strawberries, kiwi fruit, peach, orange and apple.

Lunch - soup. What can I say? It's not terrible, but when you know it's going to be your main thing for the next 7 days it's hard to enjoy. In mine I used almost a full cabbage, 4 tins of tomatoes, a few carrots, mushrooms, red capsicim, spring onions and lots of fresh coriander, stock granules, dried onions, salt, pepper. The thing with this is you can play around with it a bit. Add chili for spice etc if you want. I also added zucchini just because I love it, although it wasn't in the original recipe, neither were the spring onions and coriander.

snack- picked on a little more fruit, but the most satisfying thing I've had all day has been my black tea with freshly squeezed lemon juice; surprisingly nice, considering I usually take my tea with milk and sugar. Also been drinking lots of water and soda water with lemon juice.

Right now, I feel fine. I'm not starving. I keep telling myself "it's only 7 days" over and over and I think about the less fortunate people on earth who starve through no fault of their own, which really puts things into perspective and makes my hunger pangs seem like a first world problem; and they are. I have a fridge and pantry loaded with food, it's not like I have no other option. I want to do this and chose to do this.

Tomorrow is soup and vegetable day and I even get a whole baked potato to have with dinner... WITH BUTTER!

Day 4 is the banana smoothie day, apparently to help combat sugar cravings.

On days 5 and 6 I can add beef into the mix as well, so I can a nice steak one day and even make up some fresh tomato salsa with lean mince meat and have that served atop some mashed cauliflower, yum!
    Day 7 allows rice, too.

If anyone wants to join me, feel free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1409025687507.jpg
    Day 2 lunch ^(excuse the blurry pic, my cam seems to playing up)

I was so excited and proud of what I put together today for my lunch that I just HAD to share it!
    On day 2 you're only allowed to eat vegetables along with the soup.
    So I decided to get creative
    I grilled a big flat mushroom and added herbs and spices. That was the star of the dish, lol. It was nice to use a knife and fork and cut into it like a steak as opposed to yesterday where all I had was soup and fruit :/
    I served it atop a salad made using rocket leaves, alfalfa sprouts, beetroot and lemon juice. I also steamed some pumpkin, cauli and zucchini. It was AWESOME!
    I pureed the soup this morning as I really didn't fancy chewing my way through cabbage and carrots at 7 am and drank it from a mug for breakfast and I was so surprised at how much tastier it is pureed! Such a difference. It tasted alot like a nice pasta sauce. I also used some of it to pour over the mushroom at lunch for some added flavour.
    And the main thing is, I'm full. And I still have my lovely jacket potato to look forward to for dinner tonight, which I can have along side as many vegies as I like I think I'll make another big salad to go with it and have it with some garlic butter, yum!
    I'm feeling so much more positive today, I'm learning that this diet doesn't have to be a starvation thing and you can get creative and mix it up a bit as I did today.
    Tomorrow I can have the same as today but also fruit is allowed so I can have a nice fresh fruit salad for breakfast again.

Last edited by ~Marigold~; 26-08-2014 at 15:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, I'm going to do this next week,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    End of day 2: Had my potato for dinner and it was very filling. Almost feel like it's too good to be true to feel so full on this diet; Like I've cheated or something! But it was definitely allowed so I'm going with it.
    I had a fleeting moment tonight where I almost threw in the towel. I'm pretty sure it had something (well, everything) to do with serving up yummy food for the rest of the family, golden chicken schnitzel for the kids and piling DH's spud high with grated cheese and corn and only drizzling mine with a tiny amount of butter and Greek yoghurt. It was still tasty though.
    Tomorrow is going to test my patience, I think. I'm craving a normal coffee, something sweet and... KFC! I will definitely regret quitting after coming this far, so really hope I can make it. I think its just the knowing that I "can't" have this or that, that its making me rebel :/

5 days to go.... I can do this.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    You're a much stronger woman than I :-) keep up the good work...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 3. I'm down 1 kilo! That's what I'm talkin' bout! A kilo gone in 48 hours This is the motivation I needed.

Today is fruit and veg day, no potato though.
    Here's breakfast:
    1409097505649.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    @harvs thanks sweets x