+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    1. How much does a thermomix cost?
    About $1950 ish. I pay $40 a week interest free. Will be paid out first year.

2. How easy is it to clean (importantly, will it be friends with my dishwasher?)
    Yes, easy to clean, pull apart and dishwasher friendly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Chanandler Bong For This Useful Post:

Cheese Please  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chanandler Bong View Post
    1. How much does a thermomix cost?
    About $1950 ish. I pay $40 a week interest free. Will be paid out first year.

2. How easy is it to clean (importantly, will it be friends with my dishwasher?)
    Yes, easy to clean, pull apart and dishwasher friendly
    Interesting! And may I ask who the finance company for interest free is? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had mine since October. In a slump at the moment, in last month probably only used it twice. But it's because I'm not putting in the time to look for recipes and menu plan, I've gone back to our usual meat and vege/salads.
    On Sunday though within 25 minutes I had looked at a recipe for a slice, thrown it together and it was out of oven with only a few things to wash.
    Some recipes are 5 stars, some not. I don't regret buying at the moment, but I do need to put more effort into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Please View Post
    Interesting! And may I ask who the finance company for interest free is? Thanks in advance
    It's through ONCE, the only company they use. I was approved for $2500 and will cancel it after it's paid for. You do have to pay $4.95 for a monthly fee as well and additional pays have a fee. I just set up a direct debit with them. :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Chanandler Bong For This Useful Post:

Cheese Please  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone, was a great read. I don't really like cooking because I hate dishes so the fact that there are less dishes is another pro for me :-)

I am curious though as to how you cook everything? I mean is everything just like a stew then or does it have something that can separate everything.

I think a demonstration is probably the way to go. But I can't afford it right now and I don't want to finance it so I don't really want to waist the demonstrators time when I don't plan on buying it.

I think I am more convinced that I want one now though, we have a few meals that we rotate because they are quick and easy and I am now doing all the cooking (especially after last night, it took DH 2 hours to cook sausages, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn - I have been sick and was to sore and tired to stand in the kitchen so I let him do it, he cooked each thing separately - one after the other - the kids didn't eat until 7.30 when they would have normally been going to bed so I decided I need to do all the cooking now - maybe that was his plan ??).

I'm not a bad cook I can I just hate it because I hate the dishes that come along with it. And I definitely don't get any enjoyment out of cooking.

Also great suggestion to do the cooking classes to see how it works. Great idea! 👍

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    There are different attachments, so, for example, you can cook a sauce in the bowl while cooking rice in the basket and steaming meat/veg at the same time.

I love my thermie - not only is there a huge convenience factor, but it means I can buy fewer things in bulk and make lots of ingredients from scratch ie caster sugar to icing sugar, oats to oat flour, nuts to nut butter, bread etc. I also love being able to know exactly what my son and I are eating.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was really impatient, so i rang my consultant, purchased one over the phone and had my demo the day of delivery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    I have the target version which at $270(if you wait for a sale) I can justify spending. Even if I had the money at this point in time I wouldn't justify spending the extra on a thermomix for my family. I use it regularly but not an everyday user which is simply about the type of meals that we eat. I think if you enjoy cooking its prob not for you. I'm a pretty basics cook and it has prompted me to try things out of my usual zone.
    Yeh, I love cooking, I cook dinner everyday and it's my down time after a busy day with the kids. I send them out the back and cook. I also find that the things made in it I wouldn't make for my family. Like risottos, lasagne sauce, jams, dips, breads, desserts etc. Money is not an issue, I would just rather spend 2k on something else. If I hated cooking or saw it as a chore, I might think differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I shouldn't have opened this thread... I'm convinced I need one now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Thanks everyone, was a great read. I don't really like cooking because I hate dishes so the fact that there are less dishes is another pro for me :-)

I am curious though as to how you cook everything? I mean is everything just like a stew then or does it have something that can separate everything.

I think a demonstration is probably the way to go. But I can't afford it right now and I don't want to finance it so I don't really want to waist the demonstrators time when I don't plan on buying it.

I think I am more convinced that I want one now though, we have a few meals that we rotate because they are quick and easy and I am now doing all the cooking (especially after last night, it took DH 2 hours to cook sausages, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn - I have been sick and was to sore and tired to stand in the kitchen so I let him do it, he cooked each thing separately - one after the other - the kids didn't eat until 7.30 when they would have normally been going to bed so I decided I need to do all the cooking now - maybe that was his plan ??).

I'm not a bad cook I can I just hate it because I hate the dishes that come along with it. And I definitely don't get any enjoyment out of cooking.

Also great suggestion to do the cooking classes to see how it works. Great idea! 👍
    This sounds like my husband! I think if I had to rely on him to cook more often I would get HIM to go to a demo and we'd get a TMX for him.