+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive had mine for a year now, i use it often but not as much as others do.

I use it for things that im usually too lazy to make the old fashioned way. But i also use it the blend, and steam mostly.

Tbh a lot of the recipes aren't weight friendly. Since getting it i gained about 7 kilos over a year (which im now losing)

But every once in a while now i'll make risotto or something in it for the family. Or a dessert to take to a friends place.

Worth the price tag? Probably not. Do i regret it tho? No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had mine since October last year. I love it it makes cooking so much easier. I don't need to stand there mixing I can just walk away and not worry about it burning. Food prep is a breeze. I've made foods i would never have dreamt of making because it simplifies everything.

I recommend them to anybody who asks. I have never regretted the $$$$ spent on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Not for me either. I prefer if I'm going to pull my finger out and cook or bake more, I want to do it properly, the traditional way.

Also if I'm spending that much on an appliance, I'd need it to have more than a 2 year warranty.

The noise puts me off too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine. I use it at least once every day and am so much more confident in the kitchen now. I love knowing exactly what is in my food and its reduced my washing up! Hubby has actually made dinner which is not something he was ever really comfortable doing. We eat a much larger variety of food and lots more veg than before aswell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine. I mill grain (I'm wheat free so this saves me a fortune), make bread, blend up lots of raw slices, mix cake batters, make scrolls for lunchboxes, pizza bases, pastry, boil eggs, poach eggs, make soups, chop veggies, juice, make dinners like spag Bol, risotto, non fried rice, chow mein, steamed salmon just to name a few. It gets used most days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the target version which at $270(if you wait for a sale) I can justify spending. Even if I had the money at this point in time I wouldn't justify spending the extra on a thermomix for my family. I use it regularly but not an everyday user which is simply about the type of meals that we eat. I think if you enjoy cooking its prob not for you. I'm a pretty basics cook and it has prompted me to try things out of my usual zone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a LOT of people with TMXs. The ones who get the most use out of it either have allergies to cater for or were not very keen/good cooks beforehand. IMO it doesn't turn them into great cooks but it does open them up to a lot of meals they wouldn't have bothered to make previously.

I mostly like to cook. I'm also a little obsessive about food being chopped an even shape & size (as I discovered when I got my food processor). Plus I have a heap of appliances already. So I feel that it would be a very expensive custard maker for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have had mine for almost a year now and use it quite regularly (though sometimes I get slack and it gets neglected for a week or 2).

I love that I can whip up bread dough or pizza bases in a matter of minutes. It makes cooking quick and easy for me which with 2 toddlers and a husband who works away, is exactly what I need.

I use it for smoothies, grating, steaming and mixing, boiling eggs, cooking rice or pasta..my pots and pans do not get used very often anymore. I also got rid of my food processor which had a blender attachment.

It's definitely not for everyone, and it is an adjustment learning to cook with thermomix, but for me it was definitely worth the cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have questions! (Sorry to crash your thread, OP).

1. How much does a thermomix cost?

2. How easy is it to clean (importantly, will it be friends with my dishwasher?)

Thanks to to anyone who can answer me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had mine 2.5 years, use it all the time, love it and definitely worth the price tag. I don't use any other appliances (apart from stove/oven).

Main uses in our household:
    Froth milk for coffee
    Smoothies
    Custard
    Cake and cookie batter
    Sorbet
    Snacks eg bliss balls
    Risotto
    Soup
    Chilli con carne
    Mashed potato/sweet potato
    Curries