+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When i used to work at maccas, we had a homeless lady come in every day, sometimes several times throughout the day for coffee and a small fries. Got to the stage i would just give them to her and not take money for her burger(she would just bring in the same coffee cup until someone changed it as it was free refills). Once the expresso machine came in, she always got the good coffee from me.

Have been approached on the street several times and if i have a few dollars, happy to give if i dont require the money or will buy the big issue from some homeless people.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is a homeless guy outside my work and he never asks for money, just sits there, he always looks so sad If I'm out buying lunch I grab him a sandwich too. He is always super grateful and always gives me a smile and goodbye when I leave work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    What's the deal with the Big Issue? Do they get money for selling it? Do they have to be homeless to get the job? I've always wondered...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    What's the deal with the Big Issue? Do they get money for selling it? Do they have to be homeless to get the job? I've always wondered...
    They profit half the money and the other half they use to buy more issues.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They get a percentage of the sale. Unsure if they have to be homeless.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's so lovely to read about others generosity. I really wish I did have spare change to give. I felt silly thinking about him all afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in the city and happened to be getting a hot dog right near a back packers. And it was pouring rain, middle of winter, great melbourne weather as usual. This guy came out of the back packers and asked for change. He said he had no where to sleep that night now it was wet and his "spot" was flooded. I asked him how much a night costs he said something like thirty so I went in with him and paid for four nights for him and gave him some cash. He was really grateful and I happened to be there and in the position to help him out. I try to give change and stuff now when I can but I actually don't see as many people around now where I live as opposed to the city.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm about half-half. Sometimes I give money when people ask, sometimes I don't

Every time I've offered to buy the thing someone has asked for (a bus ticket, food etc.) I've been turned down, so I can be a bit sceptical. If I had more money to spare, then I'd always be happy to give.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw this really old man hiding in a corner one late afternoon I just looked at him and I felt so sad so I just went up it him and said hello and told him there was going to be storms tonight and it was going to rain and so I just handed him my big rain coat and i said I don't have much but that's all have and he couldn't really talk either but he gave me the biggest smile he had no teeth it was the most beautiful thing just to see him smile and I went back to my car started crying wishing I could do more I had no money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we used to have a local homeless man. He wouldn't accept money only food. We took him Xmas dinner last year in a Tupperware and he rejected it as he had already had four others and he was worried it wouldn't keep!! Too funny.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (30-07-2014)