+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default When did you decide to seek assistance with TTC?

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what other's experiences were when it came to seeking assistance with ttc.

Dh and I have been TTC #3 for 13 months. We did conceive in October '13 but lost bub at 5 weeks. Our other children are twins, we were TTC for 4 months when I fell pregnant with them. Ever since the mc, my cycles have been all over the place - I've had 6 cycles in 10 months which is really bugging me. I am starting to think it might be time to see a doctor but DH isn't convinced that we need to be looking at that just yet.
    I don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went after 6 months but that was because we were in our late 30's and the GP at our pre-TTC check up suggested to go back early if we didn't have success. By the time they do a few blood tests etc it takes a while to get to any serious checking so it probably wouldn't hurt to see a GP.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We booked a FS appointment after trying for just over one year. We're in our early/mid thirties so didn't want to wait too long. I'd also had an early mc when we had first started trying. BUT a few days before our FS appointment we fell pregnant!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 4 months (i lied to get assessed sooner and said 6 mts) although My cycles were not regular and i 'knew' something was wrong.

Initial appt can sometimes take a couple of months to get into, then a couple of months of tests and tracking before you even start on anything if needed so another 6 months can fly by before you're doing anything. I ended up getting preg naturally after initial assessments and 10mts ttc but lost it at 12 weeks and totally stopped ovulating after that point (still getting af, just no ovulation). Because i was being monitored i found out pretty quickly continuing trying was futile and started ivf. Whole ttc process to get to ivf took 18mts and that was 'speeding it up'.

My only advice is get help sooner than later.

May be they tell you all looks normal and you choose to continue naturally. At least you know. If they find an issue at you can choose to get help if you want to.

Sent from my ME371MG using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyMissA For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to an fs to investigate possible endometriosis after 9 months ttc and 1 mc. They found nothing in the laparoscopy and because we had conceived naturally we decided to wait another 6 months before trying some natural therapies for 6 months and then eventually going back to fs for clomid and eventually ivf.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    we were a long time, but that was because DH didnt really want to do anything about it.

How old are you?

the thing is, it can sometimes take a while ... and if you have had a m/c in that time it can mess up your cycles so its hard.

I would perhaps make an appointment ... it takes a while to get in, and if you fall pregnant while you are waiting, you can always cancel

Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for your replies ladies.
    DH and I are both 25. I am going to make a GP appointment first and have a check-up and go from there I think.
    I have no doubt my mc messed my cycles. They've gone like this: 48, 52, 36, 46, 52 & 38. Pretty hard to narrow down my fertile window with a range like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    Thanks for your replies ladies.
    DH and I are both 25. I am going to make a GP appointment first and have a check-up and go from there I think.
    I have no doubt my mc messed my cycles. They've gone like this: 48, 52, 36, 46, 52 & 38. Pretty hard to narrow down my fertile window with a range like that!
    They sound like lotto numbers, no wonder you're frustrated. I think go as soon as it starts to be a big weight on your mind. GPs are important for a general check up anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    As others have said, it does take a while to get through all the tests. Your DH will have to do a semen analysis but you'll need bloods, an u/s and possibly other procedures such as a HSG (which is where they run dye through your tubes to make sure they aren't blocked) or a laparoscopy. I waited over a year in the public system to get my lap so get things moving now.

Your wacky cycles are probably hormone imbalance and can be checked by bloods.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck and hope all is well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsten30 For This Useful Post:

Sabochan  (31-07-2014)