+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    Posties have a very stressful job. Some have a round with up to 2000 mail boxes on it. They usually have someone else sorting the mail and then after a brief glance, have to see who it is addressed to. Lets not forget all the people who make address errors, small printing, scanable packages, people moving mailboxes, new houses, councils changing street numbers as sub development happens. All this while on a strict timeline. Then posties also have sick days where another postie does the round and they may not be familiar with all the houses.

I think people should have a large mailbox next to the footpath and curb with their address clearly visible. When a postie has to add in doing u-turns ect to get to your mailbox it is just adding more work and there are more chances of error occuring.
    I am just trying to give the OP some direction on getting this handled to save future issues. Not wishing to get into a debate. Sure, their job is stressful - and its not always their fault. But if the matter doesn't get reported to Aus Post then nothing will ever be fixed. I know first hand of the errors that can happen.

Aus post decide where the mail boxes are positioned as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Love View Post

Even though they are pricey a PO BOX is a good idea. Though i wont lie - sorting issues happen with them as well with other PO Box's.
    I understand why you are upset. I would be too.

But it is worth taking a deep breath and sleeping on it before taking any action that might only make you feel worse, not better.

I've also accidentally opened letters that were incorrectly delivered to my letterbox and the business po box. When it happened at the po box, I scrawled a message "sorry, opened this by mistake as it was in my po box" and gave it to the front desk to put in the right box. I can honestly say each time I didn't even read much further than the letterhead/first lines and couldn't tell you any real details about the contents once I saw that it wasn't for me. If it happens again with someone else getting your mail, there is a good chance they have opened it but haven't read the contents. Maybe not the case with your nosy/nasty neighbour, but you never know.

Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I open every piece of mail that comes into our house unless it is addressed to MR3 as he loves getting mail.
    If I left DF to open his own mail it would never get done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (29-07-2014),Serenity Love  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with PP- sleep on it! You don't actually know if she read it and she has done the right thing by putting it in your letterbox.
    Getting a PO box doesn't help these issues- I get mail regularly addressed to my box in error.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always open my husband's mail. Don't see why not. He sometimes opens mine. But doesn't cause he can't be bothered sometimes

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I have accidentally opened my neighbors mail as well.

Am I the only person who opens their DPs mail? :/
    I open all our mail. I do all the financial stuff so it makes sense that I know what bills have arrived.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If she really was a cow she would have thrown it away and not given it another thought. The fact that she took the time to put it back in your box suggests she's not all bad and not worth getting worked up about.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (31-07-2014),Lincolns mummy  (29-07-2014),maternidade  (29-07-2014),MilkingMaid  (30-07-2014),NoteToSelf  (30-07-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (30-07-2014),TheGooch  (29-07-2014),VicPark  (30-07-2014),waterlily  (29-07-2014),Wise Enough  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I open all our mail. I do all the financial stuff so it makes sense that I know what bills have arrived.
    Same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I open all the mail too, unless it is around birthday time and they are birthday cards (easy to tell birthday cards from bills). We pretty much only get bills delivered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I don't get along with my next door neighbour too ( the other side are great) and if they opened a letter and read through it I'd be ****ed too angry I'd be telling them right off..

But... It may have been an accident. I've gotten mail that isn't mine and accidentally, without thinking opened it. In fact next door to me ( the nice ones) have a teenage girl with the same name as me so our mail gets mixed up quite a bit.