+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    As an aside, I actually wrote to the new people in my former home (very politely) and said to them that I knew they had been opening mail addressed for me and that although the onus was on me to tell the company my new address (despite having mail redirection in place, that (a) ethically it wasn't the right thing for them to do and (b) it was illegal to open mail not addressed to them and that it was very poor form to then 'steal' the contents of the letter. (I didn't say steal).

I just needed them to know I knew .

I feel she needs to know that I know she read my personal letter. That it had the child support company name/emblem clear on the front of the letter, knowing they don't have kids, why even pay attention any further, read the actual address and pass it to the correct mail box?
    I want to talk to her about it. She probably won't answer her door if her husband isn't home though. Her husband is horrible to talk to. He would "pretend" to have no idea what I'm going on about, complain once again about our dog, smoke a cigarette in my face and slam the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I feel she needs to know that I know she read my personal letter. That it had the child support company name/emblem clear on the front of the letter, knowing they don't have kids, why even pay attention any further, read the actual address and pass it to the correct mail box?
    I want to talk to her about it. She probably won't answer her door if her husband isn't home though. Her husband is horrible to talk to. He would "pretend" to have no idea what I'm going on about, complain once again about our dog, smoke a cigarette in my face and slam the door.
    Why cause yourself more stress by going and talking to her. It doesn't sound like she'll apologize or anything so if that's your desired outcome it seems you might be disappointed and more upset. ??
    Do you think you'll feel better if you confront her but she doesn't give you a positive response? Because if it were me I would try and let it go then. It will just make you more upset about it. And with all you have going on it may not be worth the upset.
    Just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (29-07-2014),GirlsRock  (29-07-2014),GM01  (29-07-2014),Lincolns mummy  (29-07-2014),ourbradybunch  (29-07-2014),TheGooch  (29-07-2014),Wise Enough  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you are overthinking it. She would know you know she has read it, it was opened after all.
    Most people don't look at who the mail is addressed to, they just open it.
    It was most likely an honest mistake. Yes it sucks that she knows your personal information but it cant be changed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would just step back and think "is it really worth the stress of confrontation?"
    They sound rather unpleasant and very unluckily to apologise so why put yourself in that position? It will likely make you even more angry.

It MAY have been an honest mistake or it could very well have been her knowingly reading it but you will never know which it the truth. Maybe just put it behind you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (29-07-2014),VicPark  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tend to overthink things when I'm highly anxious and I am trying to calm the F down.
    just took a Valium. It will pass.
    filling out forms for PO box. I prob won't do anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I would print out that info on opening someone else's mail and post it to her.

I can only imagine how violated you feel knowing she's read it even if she did open it unintentionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our posture makes the same error frequently I equally frequently open my neighbors mail. I actually have to remind myself to check these days before opening. The number of bank statements I have opened of theirs is embarrassing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It must feel like a horrid invasion of privacy.
    I too have accidentally opened mail that was not mine. At least she put in in your letterbox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I tend to overthink things when I'm highly anxious and I am trying to calm the F down.
    just took a Valium. It will pass.
    filling out forms for PO box. I prob won't do anything else.
    So sorry this happened to you love... what a horrible feeling. Please call 131318 (aus post customer service) and report it as this is a delivery issue that needs to be brought to the Delivery Centers attention. The operator will log a file/complaint and send it through to have it followed up for you. Unless you let Aus Post know about this, it very well could happen again.. and again. Sometimes the sorting staff and the posties need a kick up the bum!

Let them know also what has resulted from this and the operator will take the notes to pass it on.

Also my only worry with you confronting them is in future if they receive mail for you they may not only read it, but then toss it away. I definitely wouldn't approach them accusing them of anything. Just get onto Aus post and report the issue so it never happens again. Hopefully.

Even though they are pricey a PO BOX is a good idea. Though i wont lie - sorting issues happen with them as well with other PO Box's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am surprised at how many people open letters!! Don't you people look at who the letter is from? If I get mail I want to know who sent it and obviously of its for me. :what:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

hoping4asticky1  (29-07-2014),smeekyone  (30-07-2014)