+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Please share your ECV experiences!

I've done the googling thing but would like to hear from personal experience

So if you had an ECV did it hurt?

Was it succesful?

Did bub just turn back again?

How long did yours take?

Did you have a support person with you?

My baby has been head down the entire time but at my appointment yesterday she is now breech! I'm 36+6 and I had an appointment 2 weeks ago where she was head down. I'm not sure if they will be doing the turn for a number of reasons. I have a scan booked for tomorrow at 37 weeks to determine size, fluid levels and location of placenta and cord. I have GD and my fluid is on the higher enx of the scale. At 34 weeks she was measuring at the 98th percentile. ..her head was in the 93rd percentile. I know Its not completely accurate but that's all we have to work with.

So they have said if she is too big or if something is in the way then they wont do the turning as they don't want to risk anything. They also said the latest they like to try and turn bub is 37 weeks, I will be over that by the time the ecv is attempted so I guess I will know more tomorrow arvo as that's when it is all being decided. OR bub could just turn back...who knows!

Anyway please share your experiences successful or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Haven't had one, but I would be taking a support person with you (partner, family member etc).

There's a small risk that if baby was to go into distress during/after the procedure you would be rushed for an emergency caesarean then and there, and personally I wouldn't be want to be doing that alone. It also helps to have that other person to listen to what the doctors are saying, ask the questions that you didn't think of and then to discuss your options with when it comes to making a decision.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much for mentioning that...The thought of an emergency csection hadn't even crossed my mind so will hopefully be able to get somebody to look after our boys so he can come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks so much ladies, these are things I hadn't even considered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Hun my SIL had one and she went into labour and had an emergency c/s. I'd definitely try to take your DH with you. Xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (29-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OK will definitely be getting dh in with me. Mil has a bad back and acts put out if we ask for her help and my sister is also 37 weeks with two little ones herself and my mum left on a business trip today...so will be tricky to find help but we will sort something out I definitely don't want to be alone In there now.

Straight after the scan tomorrow I am going to the delivery suite so they can discuss the plan whether It's an ecv on Thurs/fri or a csection might be booked. So I guess we will see what happens after this ultrasound.

Thanks again ladies xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cranky thank you so much for sharing the ins and outs. I'm glad it worked for you and that you were in good hands

My ultrasound is at lunch time and I will be going to the delivery suite straight after to discuss what the plan is. They are just worried about the size of her head and belly because I have GD because they were measuring really big.

Thank you for bringing up hip displaysia I will definitely be on the look out for that should I have the ecv or csection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh and I have an 11 month old and a 3 year old so will definitely have them organized if the OB decides to do the ecv.