+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    How did you go, @anewme? Did you end up speaking to the principal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes. She is so lovely. She was in a meeting with the other admin but when her assistant told it was me she came out to talk to me. She was shocked by the fact it was a exam and that the teacher told them it was compulsory as it suppose to be by voluntary audition only.
    She also told me that the early morning Friday thing was put to her as the teacher offering free extra tutoring if anyone wanted it. She brought up all the reason why it would work for me. So that was great she knew without me having to go through it all. She also said if the teacher wanted to make it compulsory it would mean a huge stack of paperwork and she would have to sign off on it.

As for the shaming incident she is going to look into it and get back to me. I totally trust she will as she always has before.

Funny enough I wasn't the only mum waiting to see her about it this morning. There was one other mum who took her kid out of music the class right there and then because of it. And another was going to speak to her this afternoon about it.

I felt sorry for her as it is one of her busiest days of the year as our exchange students all leave today. She still made the time for me to get it all out. She even asked about dd1 and how she is coping with the death of grandad.

I am so glad I went to her first as she knows us well. She knows d's wouldn't fight back even when he knows the teacher is wrong. She knows about the robbery and the court case etc...
    Where the dept principal (high school) and teacher are both new.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 30-07-2014 at 09:55.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (30-07-2014),FrothyFrog  (29-07-2014),HappyBovinexx  (29-07-2014),Stretched  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it sounds like lack of communication is the initial issue. I wonder whether the info regarding your DHs father was actually passed on to the teacher? Surely they would be more sensitive if they knew in advance there was a legitimate reason for him not being there.

I would also be recommending talking to the teacher first. Perhaps you could email first so that you can calmly say what you need to and then organise a time to discuss in person. If you go straight to the principal, they won't know the circumstances/reasons around everything the teacher has done and is doing so it will be difficult for them to resolve anything for you.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm glad you got it sorted out, @anewme! Your son is lucky to have a mother like you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-07-2014)