+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by xyz987; 22-08-2014 at 07:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz987 View Post
    I'll be interested to see what people say. I pay our baby sitter $22 - $25 cash an hour and she does absolutely nothing. Leaves bottles on the sofa, doesn't clean up after baby, wash their dishes/clean high hair, pack away toys. I think I've always been easy going and are now getting taken advantage of. I just don't understand why she doesn't spend 20 minutes having a bit of a tidy up after little one goes to bed (little one is super easy to put to bed). $25 an hour to watch telly! I get home from a night out and have to spend half an hour tidying up!
    Far out, :O really!! Initially, they kinda were paying me to sit about, especially when the little one was asleep (there were 3 kids) but as time went on and they got older, I did more and more - within reason & expectation.

They found me, through their cleaner, we'd both been at tafe together, studying office admin, which neither of us have ever used, lol. And she recommended me to them, we met, negotiated care and costs and I was their nanny for 8yrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    This post is very interesting and as a early childhood teacher and a qualified nanny most jobs love the before and after school care drop offs and most of those jobs stay up for ages on websites nobody wants them but if you want more care provided for other children during the day the job sounds better.

Mummy nanny jobs are awesome but so hard to find, go onto www.findababysitter.com.au. Good luck, mums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I charge $15-20 an hour depending on family I also tidy up kids mess, and once kids are in bed il tidy up all areas they were in, do dishes etc

I advertise myself through gumtree and findababysitter usually and word of mouth
    I used to have quite a big client base before I went overseas but struggling now to find families... Feel like there's 20 babysitters for every family looking for one on gumtree.

But yes sounds like it would be a good option for you to avoid all differant pick ups etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    i charged $25 p/h but did report it as income so paid tax on it.
    I usually cared for younger children so never did drops off etc, but wouldnt have had a problem doing drop offs. When the babies were napping during the day I would do things like hang washing, prepare and freeze meals, and any odd jobs i could see that needed doing. I wasnt asked to do cleaning or anything but if i could see the dishwasher needed loading/unloading or washing needed hang/folding/taking in i would always do it. A previous poster said their babysitter leaves a mess after them...i would really consider getting a new one!! nannies/babysitters are supposed to help make your life easier, not harder! I would never leave bottles unwashed, or a mess around, thats just rude and lazy IMO.