+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    we are going to San Gim ... which should be lovely.

And Assisi looks amazing - so is the reason we are staying in Perugia. I planned that last time around because I loved the look of Assisi so much but couldnt fit it it.

I hadnt heard so much about Verona though - definitely on the list for next time then

and yes, Men are impossible to buy for. Especially as DH generally buys everything himself anyway, he doesnt tell me 'oh thats nice, I would like that' ... he just holds on to it until 1 day (maybe 3 years later) he comes home with it and says 'oh I have wanted one of these for ages'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy him something nice on the ponte vecchio?

Or perhaps google some fine dining restaurants in Italy and organise a babysitter for a night out. If you are staying in a hotel they would possibly have people they recommend. Or even organise your dd to be babysat for a wine tour day? Or if he is into cooking, a cooking lesson/experience in Tuscany?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH had a birthday when we were in Italy and I bought him a Versace watch from the main store in Rome, he still wears it 8 years later not only as its a cool watch and great quality but it reminds him of our trip - would your DH want a wallet , watch, shoes or maybe a belt from an Italian designer that you can actually buy from in Italy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is he a foodie? Dinner for two at the 3 Michelin starred Enoteca Pinchiorri would be an amazing experience!

I don't reckon you would get any change out of $500 but with things like that I always figure in 5 years time you have forgotten about the price but still savour the memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the ponte vecchio. Buy a special piece of jewelry. A great way to remember the trip. Also you could pick yourself up a little something something. ;-)

Florence is amazing there is so much to see. You could also organise a cooking class or private tour of the city to really absorb it all .

Pisa is far for a day trip (closer to Verona and Venice)

There are so many designer stores. You could get cuff links or a wallet (I bought dh a gucci satchel in Milan when we were there)

We go back to italy every couple of years as my family home is in Abruzzi. And I never tire of visiting Florence. It's just beautiful. So much walking to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    hmm - I could do a watch. I bought him a nice watch many years ago for his birthday ... but it probably could do with updating.

And we are going to Switzerland first ...

Whats on the Ponte Vecchio? usual kind of shops or something different?

We are staying in an apartment in Florence, so no concierge or babysitting ... but in Perugia we are staying in a hotel with full service, and they have some nice restaurants. I had thought about a nice dinner, but not about getting DD babysat and having a proper thing ...

hmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    They have amazing glassware in Venice. You could get something there if he likes that sort of thing. I can't remember much from Florence (I was 15 when I visited) except my brother got his leather jacket from there.

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Ponte Vecchio you'll find hold stores. Some of the most beautiful gold jewelry is found on Ponte Vecchio.

Perugia is amazing one of my favourite cities. Beautiful for exploring and we were there in the peak of winter and walked the streets at night. Itch advance a beautiful atmosphere. Great shopping. And great hot chocolate (I know it's summer there right now but if they are serving hot chocolate try it. It's like a chocolate custard. Soooo yummmm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold stores. Not hold stores. Oiii

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    yeah I got what you meant.

I am really looking forward to Perugia actually. The placec we are staying is so beautiful, and the whole area is just spectacular.

Actually I am getting really excited about the whole trip really

39 days to go