+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cookies View Post
    Hi I do not have a prem well she is not classed as prem. She was born @ 37+1 but had stopped growing when I was pregnant with her which is IGUR.

She is now 2yrs her speech is delayed, she has failure to thrive, hypotonia & her head has stopped growing.

She is showing all the signs of cerbal palsy so we just investigating each problem until we find out what is exactly wrong with her.

It's really hard not to stress while waiting for more news or results.
    Goodness! I'm so sorry!
    I have no advice as I'm in this too.. But I really hope you are doing ok (I'm more worried about me than Ella at the moment!!)
    Take care and please keep in touch! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Hi @adden

How prem was she?

I know it doesn't help considering she is now 18 months, but for DD (25 weeks) she was followed monthly by physio until she was one year corrected to keep an eye out for development and CP. Did she have at least developmental appts at 6 months, 12 months etc?

Physio sounds like a great starting point, but don't accept just waiting for 12 months, even if they can't formally diagnose they can say that "she has signs of.." and recommend exercises to help.

My DD was only just starting to walk at 18 months, and I know of a perfect little toddler who never traditionally crawled and just bum shuffled... however the not rolling over and not pulling herself up would be points of concern for me.

There are other mums on ex-NICU or premmie facebook groups that have been in your position and received early possible CP diagnoses, maybe you could get in touch with some of them? I'm only a member of a WA one so if you're based elsewhere can't recommend a specific group, sorry.
    Thank you!
    She was only 5 weeks early.. But tiny (1.9kg) and has struggled a lot with eating mainly.
    Yep., I'm concerned with the not getting up. My son pushes her over and she screams till I get her cause she can't get up
    I think I'm getting in touch with some ppl on facebook.. I'm in Perth!