+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Decorating ideas for a shared boy and girls room

Hi all, in the not too distant future, my son and daughter (3yo and 8mnths) will be sharing a room.

I'm looking for awesome decorating ideas - I love bright watercolour splotches like this ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406456557.881705.jpg

But can't find any artwork/bedding that is similar even in different colours that doesn't cost a gazillion $$. So, does anyone have any ideas of themes using nice bright colours that won't break the bank?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I love grey, white and yellow! Like this:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406456964.983044.jpg

The zig zag lines are really popular and I've seen bed sets in this theme in big w or target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look on Pinterest for ideas. I reckon there'd be heaps of stuff there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something I forgot to mention - the room is white and we aren't going to paint just so the furnishings etc are all changeable and we aren't stuck with a certain wall colour......

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far - I love the jungle idea. Ikea have this floor rug ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406457492.902829.jpg that I really like the look of and I know it would be an imagination kick starter which is a bonus. But I also love the bright rainbow colours of this rug ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406457543.866941.jpg but certainly not the $600ish price tag!!

I really like the chevron (zig zag) print too!! So, so many ideas. It's really hard to decide. A week ago it was going to be beach themed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS and DD share a room, They have matching doona covers, one plain blue the other plain pink, I think they are hiccups brand, took me a while to find them! Other than that the walls are decorated with some framed ikea prints and framed photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is nice and bright. I think it's an Ikea room. You could print or paint your own watercolour pictures and have them in frames on the wall. I've seen watercolour print pillow cases but I can't remember which website does them, I'll have a think and get back to you. I love those felt ball rugs too. But yes, they're so pricey! I even thought about making my own at one stage, but then I remembered that actually requires time
    1406459658060.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if you bought white bedding and tie dyed them?

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app