+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Last series was a much better building in a posher suburb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainm...-1227088392377

An interesting read! So they were paid $700 per week each ($1400 per couple) to be on the show.

Also something I just thought of- if D&D and Michael and Carlene didn't win money off their reserve, the properties wouldn't have even sold and would have been passed on, potentially making them a little more after further negotiations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Also something I just thought of- if D&D and Michael and Carlene didn't win money off their reserve, the properties wouldn't have even sold and would have been passed on, potentially making them a little more after further negotiations!!
    I had the same thought last night. And Max and Karsten would have only made $10k. On news.com.au (not sure if it's the article you linked) it said that some of the contestants are planning to sue channel 9. Unless they were promised profits of certain amounts, surely they don't have a leg to stand on? Property is an unpredictable market and its a competition. People are suggesting the that the boys should split their prize money with the bottom 3, but I don't think they should. They slogged their guts out just as much as the other 4 teams and it just so happened that they were the winners on the day. From what I've read online, the boys apartment was finished the best. It's the small things that count sometimes and when you're paying upwards of $1.5million, you can afford to be picky about the small things. I was surprised that D&Ds apartment sold for so little in comparison, but then again theirs was the smallest apartment - as Dee kept telling us all season. Maybe they just didn't have as much to give space wise to draw people in, despite how well designed/styled it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainm...-1227088392377

An interesting read! So they were paid $700 per week each ($1400 per couple) to be on the show.

Most people on reality shows are paid wages. When you choose to go on shows like this, you need to be prepared to finish with nothing more than what was stated in your contract upon signing. If you win or your place sells for a great amount, that's a bonus.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (13-10-2014),Lauzy  (13-10-2014),zooey  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read in a few places that people think (or wish) the boys should split their winnings. Do people honestly think that if the situation was reversed and Darren and Dee had won that they would share? I believe there is no chance of that happening. They would have gone on about how its a competition and there can only be one winner and everyone knew their chances before they started. While I feel disappointed for Michael and Carlene, I actually dont feel that disappointment for Darren and Dee. I didnt like them. They dont resonate with me at all, so therefore I have no sympathy for them (by the way I am aware its a TV show and heavily edited. I only have what I see to go on).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The boys shouldn't have to or be pressured in to splitting anything!

Seriously, $10,000.00? That's better than nothing. They would have signed contracts etc and be well aware they could end up with nothing.

The 'whole' leaving their kids etc... oh I'm sorry, were you unaware you'd need to do this! It's Season 9 ffs! They've all seen the show previously!

All morning all I've seen is the 'heartbreak' for the three bottom couples. As far as I'm concerned, they're being stupidly ungrateful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes35 For This Useful Post:

zooey  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I think Scotty nailed it when he reminded the contestants that although it was really disappointing, the point of 'The Block' is to compete for a $100,000.00 prize. The added bonus is that sometimes your apartment still sells for heaps and you get more money.

I think that because of the previous two seasons that expectations were high and everyone had forgotten the name of the game.

No one is crying for the runner up of 'Survivor' who spent weeks and weeks on an island with no food and left their family and didn't come home with the million.

Nothing is guaranteed. Channel 9 is not responsible. To hear that they'd sue because they feel they didn't win enough money is entitled and disappointing... This is a reality tv show. It's made people really, really, rich and some people not. It's about competing for the prize money... 1 couple wins.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-10-2014),French Pear  (13-10-2014),jb23  (13-10-2014),Jodes35  (13-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-10-2014),NancyBlackett  (13-10-2014),zooey  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The boys won't share and good on them.

The couples that didn't make money where the one that picked their place on the auction order. Last night showed that you had to go first as they were very little buyers out there.

I would be gutted as they are but not sure they have a leg to stand on.

Re: their kids I think it's the first serie where we have seen the contestants spending so much time away from the block with their family.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think the boys should share or feel entitled to share, it was a competition and they won.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (13-10-2014),zooey  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think what has annoyed me most this morning is that almost everything I've read about the block last night talks about how tough it's been for D&D to be away from their kids. Nothing about how Michael and Carlene were away from their kids too and ended up with the same amount of winnings. In fact one thing o read on the 9 jump in site was that despite the outcome, Michael and Carlene would do it all over again. Sure they are probably disappointed to "only" win $10k, but they recognise that it's a competition and the results unpredictable.