Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That was awful to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    How Michael and Carlene reacted to their "winnings" made me like them even more. They handled everything with dignity and grace, it just proves further they are lovely lovely people. I really wanted them to win, or at least take home a decent amount of money. I really hope this starts a new opportunity for them doing something else on tv.
    I really wish they had of come out of this with some money $10,000 is very disappointing as they left their kids for the whole time as well

The boys were so sad for everyone, you could see they were genuinely upset for the last 3 couples.

It's quite unbelievable from the block earlier this year when everyone won extremely substantial sums of money to 2 couples only taking home $10,000!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That was just weird. While I'm glad that Chris and Jenna made some decent money after being beaten down and stomped on by the judges, I'm totally flabbergasted that the bottom 3 made such little money. I agree with a pp though, the way Michael and Carlene handled their result was very gracious. Completely different to D&D who just walked out. Makes me like them even less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I honestly think the agents on the last three units stuffed up badly - how on earth did they not get more bidders? They must have all had price feedback during the campaign and had an idea on what the reserves would be so why they couldn't get more interest in this market baffles me!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I honestly think the agents on the last three units stuffed up badly - how on earth did they not get more bidders? They must have all had price feedback during the campaign and had an idea on what the reserves would be so why they couldn't get more interest in this market baffles me!
    I definitely think M and K's stuffed up and should have just passed theirs in so they could have sold after the show for more money. The passed in properties in other years have always done better than a $10,000 profit!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think legally they could pass it in once they met the reserve. If they have willing bidders I think they have to accept those bids.

I just don't think they had enough buyers in that demographic. I think they needed cheaper apartments in the less than 1 mill area so they have more bidders. There can't be that many people wanting apartments in that area in that price range.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get that it can't be passed in after it hits reserve but it really seemed like max and karstans auctioneer deliberately put in the last vendor bid deliberately over the reserve to put it on the market as long as someone took the bid...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Legally an owner at any time before the fall of the hammer can change their mind at any time - even if reserve has been met - but channel 9 technically owned the apartments so they obviously had their reserves set at a price where they get their money back so they wouldn't care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it reflects real life. Sometimes they get it wrong. The demand was not there. The apartments for the area are overpriced and an auctioneer can't make something from nothing and there was nothing!! They over capitalised and wanted too much for their apartments than what people the people living in Melbourne would pay for them. It's devastating. The first apartments and those buyers is a match made in heaven but it left nothing else for the last couples. The buyers were just not there. Apparently next season is also Melbourne. I think they need to pick a new city at least.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So sad for the 3 last couples
    Very happy for Chris and Jenna and the boys, they were my favorites.

But winning less than 25k is really low. 25k net is the equivalent of what 2 persons at the Australian median salary would earn in wages over 10 weeks...

Personally I would never do the block for less than 100k. I value sleep and time with my kid(s) way too much lol