+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Taken from ninemsn/JumpIn:

Kitchen reveals were a cause for celebration when two teams tied for first, but one Blockhead wasn't happy about the result and she was ready to share it.
    Dee was quick to leave when Scotty was done delivering their kitchen scores.

And when she got back to the car, she was ready to let one of the show's executive producers know exactly how she felt about the judges' decision.

"I just don't feel like this is fair… I put that room together, I know what I'm looking at, I have a design eye," Dee said.

"I haven't had one ten, I'm getting overlooked."

She then went on the say she had made a mistake signing up for the show.

"I don't want to participate… I've made a mistake, this isn't the right thing for me," Dee said.

Oh dear. It sounds like Dee was always the best at everything as a child. Sour grapes much. They only lost by a point. Ugh. So over her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I love Dees style, its very similar to mine plus I like how finally someone is doing something that isn't industrial (I'm very over that look) but I don't really like her.

When will she realise its a show for the masses and the masses like cliche design. I can understand why she was upset as they spent so much on it to win more, but the same happened to the twins, they easily had the best style but the judges voted for the cliche and also had their favourites, but again you cant quit - its part of the show, you have to accept the judges decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does she realise that every statement along these lines she makes directly implies that everyone else is rubbish... even before she's seen their completed rooms???

I didn't see anyone else that had a drawer that opened up on to their fridge, and open shelving below bench height in the pantry with no door is an interesting choice from a mother! I can definitely see where they lost two points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Her attitude last night was a disgrace. Such a sore loser and pathetic considering that their score was still fantastic.

I totally get that it must be hard not winning each week but I believe it says a lot about a person when they put others down to make themselves feel better. I actually liked Max and Karstan's kitchen the best. Then the boys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a massive fan of the boys' kitchen, followed by Michael and Carlene and Max and Carston on par with each other. I agree with the judges that if Max and Carston had timber floors theirs would have been amazing!!

I liked Chris and Jenna's scullery better than the main kitchen... too dark and masculine and OTT for me. I liked Dee's style and choices, but not functionality. Too many open shelves, especially low, and the ovens right beside the desk nook that wasn't big enough to put an oven tray down on was a bit hrmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think what's frustrating about her is she's too focused on everyone else - what they're doing/have done etc. the block popup shop was a perfect example. She spent so much time harassing Max and Karsten for having things on the table (that the shop manager lady told them to put there) that she hardly sold anything herself. If she stopped worrying about everyone else they might finally win things. That challenge last week was a joke too. One of the criteria was that it had to be environmentally friendly/sustainable... Dee's thoughts: I'll buy big jars of things and then throw away the contents. It's just plain idiotic, and complaining that it wasn't about entertainment when the mariachi band turned up for Max and Karsten.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I think what's frustrating about her is she's too focused on everyone else - what they're doing/have done etc. the block popup shop was a perfect example. She spent so much time harassing Max and Karsten for having things on the table (that the shop manager lady told them to put there) that she hardly sold anything herself. If she stopped worrying about everyone else they might finally win things. That challenge last week was a joke too. One of the criteria was that it had to be environmentally friendly/sustainable... Dee's thoughts: I'll buy big jars of things and then throw away the contents. It's just plain idiotic, and complaining that it wasn't about entertainment when the mariachi band turned up for Max and Karsten.
    This season I've only been watching the reveals as I generally have a dislike of all but 1 couple on the block and get roped into all of the politics of challenges etc, sounds like I made the right choice if that's what Dee has been like.

I watch for the property and design aspect, not the losers and their stupid attitudes :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    This season I've only been watching the reveals as I generally have a dislike of all but 1 couple on the block and get roped into all of the politics of challenges etc, sounds like I made the right choice if that's what Dee has been like.

I watch for the property and design aspect, not the losers and their stupid attitudes :P
    This is what I have been doing this season too. DH watches all of it but I mainly watch reveals. They never bloody show any of the design stuff through the week anymore its all drama instead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I was a massive fan of the boys' kitchen, followed by Michael and Carlene and Max and Carston on par with each other. I agree with the judges that if Max and Carston had timber floors theirs would have been amazing!!

I liked Chris and Jenna's scullery better than the main kitchen... too dark and masculine and OTT for me. I liked Dee's style and choices, but not functionality. Too many open shelves, especially low, and the ovens right beside the desk nook that wasn't big enough to put an oven tray down on was a bit hrmm.
    I liked the boys and Michael and Carlene the best this week.

I think that Max and Carsten did need some softening and agree timber floors would have been perfect. I was not a fan of their butlers pantry, too much storage not enough bench space and no sink for what I would want if I was lucky enough to have a butlers pantry.

I wasn't a fan of Chris and Jenna's kitchen I felt there was just too much happening in there.. I didn't like a lot of their choices they used.

I think Dee and Darren's looked great but some parts of it wouldn't work, like the drawer that doesn't open etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I love Dees style, its very similar to mine plus I like how finally someone is doing something that isn't industrial (I'm very over that look) but I don't really like her.

When will she realise its a show for the masses and the masses like cliche design. I can understand why she was upset as they spent so much on it to win more, but the same happened to the twins, they easily had the best style but the judges voted for the cliche and also had their favourites, but again you cant quit - its part of the show, you have to accept the judges decisions.
    I really like Dee's rooms that she does produce its really refreshing to see a different style but she seriously needs to pull her attitude in check.

Plus she didn't deliver 2 x rooms for 2 weeks so how can she bang on about the show not being fair because she hasn't received a 10.. Maybe if she had of finished her rooms both those weeks she may have gotten her 10. I do realise that both situations were out of her control but she does need to pull her head in a bit and look at the bigger picture.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2014)