+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should i get a pram with a toddler seat??

Hey all - I am due with #2 on November 11th - DS will be 3 next feb.

Should i bother getting a pram with a toddler seat, or from DS's age should i be encouraging him to walk everywhere?

My concern is if i am running late to get somewhere, i wont be able to rush if he is walking... and most importantly I am worried he'll run off on me while I am attending my newborn! DS very adventurous.

Worthwhile be getting a pram with a toddler seat (and if so any recommendations??)

Or just stick with the single pram because of his age? DS is about 15 kilos - so do toddler seats cater for that weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I still use my double pram for my 4&2 yo. There are times I want to move quickly, where it's not safe and to have a time out spot for misbehaviour.

Definitely recommend one esp if you have a bolter .... I have 2 kids that run in opp directions regularly so I love my pram. Plus they both still nap in it during the day/night when we do day trips/outings/functions.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a p&t sport (2010). Will be getting a baby jogger city select for bub #3 as I can fit 3 bodies on that one.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a double pram and still use it with my 19 month old and 3.8 year old. I use the toddler board when I want to use my single pram and it can also be attached to my double.

I definitely think you would get a lot of use out of a toddler board. It would be very handy when you're running late as little ones get easily distracted and like to dawdle.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Go the double banger! I have a baby jogger city select and it is awesome.my boy is 2.5 but I think he will be using it well into his 3's. What if we went on a 4 hour mammoth shopping trip and he needed to have a nap??

*If* he doesn't need a seat anymore I will just take it off and sell it and get one of those skateboard things to put on the back of the pram.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hitchhiker/skateboard things are good for older kids :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even know what those skateboard things are, not sure i have seen one! Ill have to google that. Sounds interesting!

Thanks all. Ill go ahead and get a toddler seat pram then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't a fan of the skateboard - for me it was a waste of $. Tried it a few times but with 3yo on it I couldn't walk without kicking the board, made pushing up hills impossible as it was so heavy.
    May be dependent on pram though. I had it on maclaren and babyjogger.

I'd end up with 3yo in pram and baby in carrier until we got to our destination.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think I would need a double pram ds was 2yrs 11 months when dd was born. I ended up getting a strider compact when dd was a few months old wish I had got it from the start. The bottom seat takes until 17kg and top seat till 20kg even now at 4 ds still hops in when his legs get tired.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Go the double banger! I have a baby jogger city select and it is awesome.my boy is 2.5 but I think he will be using it well into his 3's. What if we went on a 4 hour mammoth shopping trip and he needed to have a nap??

*If* he doesn't need a seat anymore I will just take it off and sell it and get one of those skateboard things to put on the back of the pram.

Which style do you have, the one where they're facing each other or one behind the other??